Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pale Waves Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RyanRyan, Nov 7, 2017.

1. RyanRyan Jul 25, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2018)
    RyanRyan

Oh shit really? Where’d you hear that? That’s made me so happy - I really hope you’re right. Adored it live, and the studio version sounded brilliant on their Instagram stories.

EDIT: quickly searched on YouTube and found videos of it being called Black. This has me incredibly hyped. I was at the first two headlining UK tour shows they played when they debuted it for the first time. Still got the setlist with it listed as You Don’t Love Us Anymore. Heather had scribbled lyrics on it and I got it signed by all the band. Ahhhhh!

2. RyanRyan

This really excites me. Similar to what The 1975 did with their EP versions of the singles haha...trying to escape them but still emulating their process in a way!

All jokes aside I’m very intrigued by the new versions, and it lessens the blow of having their earlier singles be on the album a year later. Television Romance was already perfect though. Wonder what they’ll do with it.

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I really like "Eighteen". I hope "There's a Honey" is better, I was never a big fan of that song?

4. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

You can hear it now, it's on the digital versions of the album pre-release.

SpyKi likes this.
  5. RyanRyan

Wait what? Where are you hearing that?

6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Television Romance is far and away their best song and I really hope they recapture the magic of that song somewhere on this.

duritzfan13 and seimagery like this.
  7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ah I'm obsessed with Noises.

JamesMichael likes this.
  8. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Apple Music. (We're talking about There's A Honey right?)

9. RyanRyan

Ah. Presume I can’t access it then given I used my trial up?

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

Maybe I'm confusing what ya'll are talking about, but hasn't There's A Honey been out for like 5 months?

11. jorbjorb

7 rings

yup

12. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

It's probably on Spotify?

13. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

The original or the re-recording?

14. RyanRyan

I am so unbelievably excited for this. Back when I started this thread I was raving about getting to see the live debut of You Don’t Love Us Anymore, and it’s finally coming out tomorrow. So excited to see what they’ve done with it.

Odd timing though...a day before a new The 1975 song. Can’t help but think someone is dropping the ball here...

A month til the album now. Really hoping for something special. Love the Honey re-recording too!

15. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Fucking finally. I’ve been waiting like a year for this one.

With regards to Dirty Hit, I really think they’re trying to allow their artists to stand on their own. I don’t think they’re about to move stuff on account of The 1975 as it’s not really fair on their other talent. Maybe a major label would but I think they have stronger values than that.

Plus the money The 1975 bring in means they can afford to experiment a little bit. Bear in mind before the band took off in 2013 their most well known/successful acts were probably Ben Leftwich and General Fiasco.

16. RyanRyan

I feel like you’ve misinterpreted what I was saying. I don’t think it’s a case of not letting artists stand on their own - it’s just not necessarily the best marketing strategy for a much smaller band. Pale Waves have a large shared fan base with The 1975 - whether we like it or not, a lot of people will disregard the new song the second the new The 1975 single comes out. That fucking sucks. I want them to get the recognition they deserve.

I don’t think it’s about ‘values’ as such either - telling Pale Waves to hold fire for even a week because of The 1975 could potentially get them more attention once the sheen of the new, much bigger, much more popular band’s song has had time to settle.

If it was a case of Pale Waves not being given any attention because Jamie was more bothered with his bigger bands, then yes, I’d say that’s not upholding the label’s values. I’m saying I feel as though releasing a new song a day before a much more established band on the same label as you, with much of the same fans, isn’t going to help exposure. Especially considering their album is out next month. Feel like there should be much more of a push with Pale Waves right now is all.

17. RyanRyan

Fucking love it. Bit bummed about the lack of intro - loved the chorus effect on the extended live version, but yeah! Tune.

18. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Interesting that it’s changed even since that clip from the Instagram live video a few months ago (vocal performance especially)

This is their best song but agree that it’s missing the intro to really set it aside as unique from the others.

19. drewinseries

Drew

RyanRyan likes this.
  20. So happy to finally hear this in full, it’s a solid debut that coulda used some editing.

21. RyanRyan

Well colour me hyped. Been waiting so long for this haha.

22. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

"Heavenly" and "The Tide" are both great. I think every song on the EP is significantly better than "There's a Honey".

JamesMichael likes this.
  24. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

There’s A Honey is definitely my favorite on the EP by a lot

This not sounding cohesive is a bummer, because I was a little worried this would sound like a collection of singles like a lot of these buzzy band debut albums tend to do

Jason Tate likes this.