Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pale Waves Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RyanRyan, Nov 7, 2017.

1. RyanRyan

2. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

RyanRyan likes this.
  3. jorbjorb

7 rings

This is their best track so far.

4. Paddy Jun 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 29, 2018)
    Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I can’t control my emotions lately

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Love it but definitely sounds super familiar to another one of their songs

6. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Sounds a lot like My Obsession at one point.

However I’ve never understood this criticism being levelled at a band (not saying you are). If I like something I want a lot of it so I don’t really care if it all sounds similar.

People always used to say it about The 1975 before their first album was out.

7. SteveLikesMusic

Yea , definitely sounds like My Obsession. And Television Romance chorus sounds just like There’s A Honey haha. Not a bad thing, all the songs are great.

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

RyanRyan likes this.
  9. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I kind of feel like all of their videos are a swing and a miss part from Television Romance and maybe My Obsession. It’s like someone was literally trying to think of a good concept for a music video instead of just organically having one.

RyanRyan likes this.
  10. RyanRyan

Honestly I just don’t engage with music videos anymore. I haven’t seen one in ages that didn’t make me cringe. This included, unfortunately. Just odd. I love this song, but at the moment I think it’s daft timing on Dirty Hit’s part with the new The 1975 song dominating the airwaves.

11. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Noises is rly good

12. RyanRyan

Hyped for Eighteen!

13. RyanRyan, jorbjorb and Ferrari333SP like this.
  14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Quite like this one

15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Awesome

16. jorbjorb

7 rings

noises :heart:

17. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Here’s hoping the closer is about Karl Pilkington

Lee Thomas likes this.
  18. strangeterrain

Regular

Super pumped for the full length. Have enjoyed each of their singles quite a bit so far.

That said, very weak album art. Not that the any of the other releases have had interesting visuals, but I thought maybe they were saving up for the LP. Alas, we get a Stranger Things mashup.

19. RyanRyan

Very pleased that it's fourteen songs, of which we've heard six. Think they could've maybe not included There's A Honey and Kiss though - would've made room for a couple more new songs. (Television Romance has to stay because it's my favourite song by them).

Ordered the 28 quid bundle and I'm happy that that's the most expensive considered I shelled out 75 quid for the last The 1975 album...which is still available I think? Despite being 'super limited' haha.

Big fan of the new song. So hyped that the release isn't too far away too! Can't believe we finally have a date now! Eeeeee!

20. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Agreed on the album art being lacklustre.

The interesting thing I’ve noticed on Apple Music regarding the album is that all the songs to date are active apart from Television Romace. So could we be expecting a new version?

Also I dig Eighteen!

21. RyanRyan

Just realised You Don't Love Us Anymore isn't on there, despite it being one of their best unreleased tracks. Sigh. I was so hyped for that.

22. Derek MacDonald

It’s called black now I think. Track 13

RyanRyan and Paddy like this.
  23. SteveLikesMusic

Cool cool cool

Ferrari333SP and Barresi like this.
  24. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

They’ve re-recorded it. I hope they’ve not ruined it because the original was perfect.

However I respect they want to do their own production and have cast aside the bits they worked on with George Daniel (new version of There’s a Honey too).

25. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Not as into 18. Noises is great. Excited.