Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pale Waves Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RyanRyan, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

RyanRyan likes this.
  2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Dang I think I like this one more than The Tide. Hopefully this band blows up this year.

3. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I just really wish they'd recorded the alternate version too. Weird they stuck by that for so long only to ditch it and go back to the original recently.

4. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Every song by this band sounds exactly the same. I do like their sound, but it’s very repetitive.

smowashere likes this.
  5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Television Romance
    The Tide
    Heavenly
    My Obsession
    New Year's Eve
    There's a Honey

Ranked.

WhosBroden? likes this.
  6. RyanRyan

I’m sure we’ve seen just a fraction of what this band has to offer right now. The Tide and Heavenly in particular are revived versions of much older songs that don’t really reflect their style, particularly lyrically, anymore. Heather has gone on record saying that the newer material is much darker, and I’ve every faith in them releasing a more varied, exciting, catchy album hopefully sometime soon!

Attached Files:

7. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Haha I hope so! They’re definitely good, just wish to see some range that’s all.

RyanRyan and smowashere like this.
  8. RyanRyan

Really like the look of the My Obsession oversized tee, but the last oversized tee that did was only available in XXL, and is kind of ridiculous on me, who would typically wear a small. I’ll have to decide in person. Bought the hoodie though! Fingers crossed it comes before the gig.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  9. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

RyanRyan likes this.
  10. RyanRyan

I can’t wait to see them this coming Friday. I love this song. Interested to see how much bigger they’ve gotten in terms of queues and whatnot, too. It’s kind of disappointing that they’ve taken You Don’t Love Us Anymore out, as it’s a small enough set to begin with, but at least there’s two new songs in it. I’m assuming I’ll have to turn up much earlier! Annoying, but I’m glad they’re getting the recognition they deserve.

11. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I'm supposed to be going on Friday but I crashed my car today so might not be able to :(

12. RyanRyan

Oh god that's awful! Cos of the snow? I hope everything is okay? If you were still up for it, there's so many busses and trains to the centre, is there no way you could use one of those?

13. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I’m fine thanks was a pathetic little accident really. No snow involved, just my bad driving on this occasion!

Ordinarily I get the train so I can drink but I think they’re going to be fucked cause of the weather. I was actually going to get the train straight from work cause it’s looking like an early one, then train back to work and drive home. Reeeeeally don’t wanna be stuck in Birmingham at 11pm on Friday though.

14. RyanRyan

No that's a fair point. Especially with the weather...it's supposed to be like -10 last time I checked? Yikes.

15. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Are you travelling far?
    I’m selfishly hoping they’ll cancel. It’s really bad here today

16. RyanRyan

I live about 20 minutes away when the roads are clear. I doubt they’ll cancel. They’ve not acknowledged it whatsoever, and by the time the snow is supposed to start, (half 3), they’ll be at the venue anyway. They’re only travelling from Stoke. They would’ve left in time. Tomorrow might be cancelled because of the overnight snow, but I’m thinking not today though.

17. RyanRyan

I guess it’s not cancelled. Yay!

18. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Enjoy, report back how many people actually make it lol

19. RyanRyan

There’s like 20 people here. Less than the first ever U.K. tour lol

Paddy and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  20. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Bit jealous lol I’d love that. What time were they on?

21. RyanRyan

Haha it filled up once the supports had finished. It was about 3/4 full. They came on a tad early for the folks worried about getting home. I turned up 20 minutes before doors and was first there with my mate.

It was really endearing to see Heather so excited and gaining more confidence. Her and Ciara said hi to us and that they recognised us so that was really cool too! They put on a solid show and I couldn’t stop smiling. Wow it went by fast though. Can’t wait til their sets are much longer.

The support Our Girl really impressed me. I’m not sure how they sound on record, but bloody hell they’re talented!

My only gripe is kind of an old man one. I was stood next to two of the most obnoxious, completely unaware fools ever. They would not shut up the entire time, and they were so, so loud. Every song they were screaming the lyrics - even to She. You could see Heather getting wound up. I couldn’t even hear Heather for some songs because of them. Any time a song was building, they’d scream LET’S FUCKING GO, THIS IS THE ONEEEE, or, their personal favourite: THIS IS MY SONG I LOVE YOU HEATHER. And three times they apologised for nigh-on slapping me in the face, flailing their arms about and making wave movements with their hands...

Gigs are about having fun, but please don’t show up shitfaced and ruin it for everybody else. Being loud and intentionally flamboyant to get the band’s attention is just really cringey. Take me back to the first tour, where everybody stood awkwardly dancing and respecting each other’s personal space haha.

22. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Some twats ruined Lany for me similarly. Looked like a right bunch of bellends half way to a night out and thought they’d just stop off to watch whatever was on at the time.

23. RyanRyan

Urgh that’s really shitty. I genuinely don’t understand the mindset of these plebs. Just be considerate - it’s not all that difficult. Anyway - Pale Waves were brilliant. Hopefully the next time I see them there’ll be an album to show for it!

24. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Are Eighteen and She the only songs they have been playing live that do not have released studio versions yet? I’m trying to get as familiar as I can before seeing them next month.

25. RyanRyan

Apparently they’ve played songs called Noises and Loveless Girl, but I can’t find any footage, and any setlist site I use either doesn’t list the band at all, or the songs aren’t featured. Not sure how those two songs got mentioned.

A couple of days ago though, She and Eighteen were the only unreleased new songs they were playing. And the setlist seems to be the same throughout. However, while not new, Kiss hasn’t been released yet though, and they play that. On the last tour they played You Don’t Love Us Anymore for the first time, and that was my absolute favourite. But for some reason they’ve omitted it this time round.

Daniel182 likes this.