Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pale Waves Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RyanRyan, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Could be, the physicals are always a couple of months behind I’ve found.

ghostedaway likes this.
  2. RyanRyan

Excited to see the setlist for tonight; I'm assuming they'll have played something new, given that they've been recording recently.

3. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

RyanRyan likes this.
  4. RyanRyan

Paddy and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  5. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I think I prefer the “you think you’re so heavenly” version. Interesting to hear the song take shape over the past year though.

6. thenewmatthewperry

RyanRyan and Daniel182 like this.
  7. RyanRyan

The Maida Vale BBC session was impressive tonight! Hoping it'll be up on the site soon for playback! And oh boy am I excited to hear The Tide properly. I've had the demo from like...2014 (?) playing all day - intrigued to hear the difference.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

9. RyanRyan Jan 30, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2018)
    RyanRyan

This is the 2014 version. You probably know that, but I'm just making sure if not. New rerecorded version coming tomorrow!

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

can't wait.

thenewmatthewperry and RyanRyan like this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Haha I actually didn't knot that! Wasn't even familiar with the song itself; thought somebody had uploaded a radio copy or something. Excited to hear the new version tomorrow!

12. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

So good

RyanRyan likes this.
  13. thenewmatthewperry

RyanRyan likes this.
  14. RyanRyan

Really digging this - really appreciate all the subtle differences from the demo. It's drenched in that 80s chorus, there's a whole new verse and I'm loving the synthy/ambient vibes. Brilliant! Can't wait to hear the new Heavenly now, too!

15. jorbjorb

7 rings

This is their best song yet.

16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

So how many of these are gonna be on the eventual album do you think?

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm guessing all of them.

sophos34 likes this.
  18. RyanRyan

Honestly, I don't think many, if any. Heather has mentioned how their album material is supposedly darker, and at this point everything they have released up to now is already on vinyl, (or will be soon with the upcoming EP).

sophos34 likes this.
  19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I hope my obsession makes it

thenewmatthewperry and RyanRyan like this.
  20. RyanRyan

That would mean there would be six songs on the album that have already been released though! One or two maybe, not all though surely!

21. jorbjorb

7 rings

Shoot I only see 5 songs. I'm guessing "there's a honey" and "television romance" get cut.

22. RyanRyan

Six being There's A Honey, Television Romance, New Year's Eve, My Obsession, The Tide and Heavenly! I imagine The Tide and Heavenly definitely won't be on there, as they're only releasing them on vinyl as a nod to those being their first songs as Pale Waves. NYE and My Obsession would have just been released on vinyl in March too, so maybe not those. Then with Honey and Television, they've been out on vinyl and digitally for so long. I really doubt that they're going to include any. I'm only saying this out of optimism, in that we'd get all new songs.

23. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

What a fantastic song.

RyanRyan likes this.
  24. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I reckon TVR will make the album. If you listen to the interview surrounding The Tide, they've said they want the album to be mostly new music so there's no way all six will make it. Maybe three at most?

Production-wise I think NYE doesn't really fit with the rest so I'd count that out. Honey might sneak in as being the best known. Then My Obsession.

RyanRyan likes this.
  25. thenewmatthewperry

I'm anxious to hear their album as I feel these first 7 tracks have exhausted their refinement of a certain aspect of their core sound. They definitely have a promising future ahead of them if they continue to challenge themselves.