Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pale Waves Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RyanRyan, Nov 7, 2017.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Agreed, the EP version of Sex is still better to me too. Weird I was thinking when I listened to the Pale Waves album last week on how it struck a similar way to me. I prefer the EP song versions over the re-recordings similar to how The 1975's initial rollout happened.

2. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

This is out??? Sweet

Just hearing One More Time, loving it. I can't see anyway I don't enjoy the hell out of this album

Edit: I fuck with the vocal effect

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I listened to this once and found it really underwhelming. Too much of the same going on throughout the record. Even with the singles, I had a hard time telling some of the songs apart. This is more of that.

smowashere likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I guess this tour isn't selling well. They moved from Brooklyn Steel to Music Hall of Williamsburg. Definitely a smaller venue.

5. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Just saw these guys and gals tonight and holy shit it was great. I feel like I was witnessing something in the sense that this'll be the one and only time I'll ever be able to see them in such a small venue. Also I was completely blown away by Miya Folick. She stole the show and was a lovely surprise. Pre-ordering her vinyl now and jammed her album on Spotify on the car ride back. Highly recommended.

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Saw them last night. Such a fun show. Super tight live.

Still freaks me out how much their moves/stage presence looks identical to The 1975 though haha

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Did the new songs come off better live than on the album?

8. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I felt like they sounded exactly like the album.

9. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

10. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

In my opinion this sounds like they’d never heard the song before they recorded it.

Which is obviously impossible.

smowashere likes this.
  11. Bane

The spiciest meme

This is apparently them and I've known about this video but never thought it could be them???? It can't be right?

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Heard this band on MTV a few days ago, can't say I'm surprised at all

13. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

lol no they met at uni

RyanRyan likes this.
  14. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

15. RyanRyan Sep 24, 2019
    (Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2019)
    RyanRyan

Hope there’s new music released from them soon. Was supremely disappointed with the album, which was a shame because until then the singles were promising for the most part. I reckon they should’ve comprised the album of those songs rather than the filler I feel they used for it. They waited far too long to release an album and I lost interest.

Fingers crossed new jams can change this!

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I know this is lame, but the clear lack of give a shit about the artwork to the album kinda rubbed my the wrong way haha

17. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I hated the execution of most of it.

Black was so good when they first started playing it live but the album version is very flat and safe.

I didn’t bother going to see them on this tour cause they’ve been playing exactly the same songs the 5-odd times I’ve seen them.

thenewmatthewperry and RyanRyan like this.
  18. RyanRyan

Black was the song I was most excited for. New Year’s Eve live also sounded incredible and then got diluted for the studio sound. And Television Romance got changed like...3 times? The original was brilliant. Now it sounds so strange to me. Just a lot of odd decisions with this band.

smowashere likes this.
  19. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I suppose when you let George Daniel produce your first two singles you’re always going to be struggling to match it after that

RyanRyan likes this.
  20. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I miss the original version off My Obsession, the longer jam session bridge was really promising.

RyanRyan likes this.
  21. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

They definitely made Television Romance worse on the album compared to George’s I think.

RyanRyan likes this.
  22. RyanRyan

Infinitely. And why they made New Year’s Eve sound like synthy Christmas bells instead of the awesome guitar hook is beyond me. Fucking adored that live and on record it’s ehhhh

23. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

So I just got gifted a ticket to see them a minute from my house tomorrow.

Anyone going to the Kentish Town Forum?

24. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I want to like Pale Waves, but their full-length and live shows have brought down my interest.

smowashere and lettersandnumbers like this.
  25. RyanRyan

See I initially loved their live shows. I saw them on three nights on their first ever headline tour. Followed them pretty religiously for a while...til the singles started getting meh, and the full-length (by the time it came out) just tanked for me.

Such a shame. Got to meet them and they were lovely folk. Seemed really excited about their future. Signed a setlist for me and took pictures. Really chill lot. Disappointing that this is how their first offering panned out.