Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pale Waves Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RyanRyan, Nov 7, 2017.

1. RyanRyan Nov 7, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2017)
    RyanRyan

Been waiting for somebody to start a main band thread on these for a while, so I guess I'll do it!

Big news day today! New single New Year's Eve is out now on all platforms, including a
    three-track transparent red 12" EP on the Dirty Hit store, for release on 18th January 2018.

Having seen them play the first two dates on their first ever UK headlining tour, a set that included the debut of a brand new song called You Don't Love Us Anymore, I'm massively excited. I'm a huge fan already, was lucky enough to be front row at both shows, got a signed setlist, and met them after their Nottingham show. Lovely people, fantastic live show.

Really wish people would stop passing these off as a female-fronted The 1975 - they're a talented bunch, and I hope they get the recognition they deserve.

SpyKi and Ferrari333SP like this.
  2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I like it!

RyanRyan likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Another good song.

JamesMichael and RyanRyan like this.
  4. jorbjorb

7 rings

this is good

RyanRyan likes this.
  5. drewinseries

Drew

Anybody have any questions for an interview?

6. RyanRyan

Anything and everything you can think of regarding new music. Are they worried they’re being pigeonholed with all their involvement with Matty Healy and The 1975? Mention their new EP? I’m so tired I can’t think of anything decent to ask.

drewinseries likes this.
  7. drewinseries

Drew

Yall got to 5 pm for any other questions.

8. RyanRyan

Are we likely to see another single before the EP releases? Do they anticipate multiple EPs before the album?

9. RyanRyan

What do they do to unwind? Who is the last band they saw live? Other than The Cure, who is somebody they would like to open for on tour?

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

What's their dream tour? Who would they currently want to open for the most?

11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Why do they like the There’s A Honey melody so much?

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Did they chose to sing about New Year's Eve, specifically?

13. drewinseries

Drew

Can you give me a little more context for that one?

RyanRyan likes this.
  14. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

More just a lil jest that their three current songs have pretty similar chorus melodies haha.

A real question is: How did their interest in Dirty Hit and vice versa come to fruition?

15. RyanRyan

I loved the rnb vibes from this. I’m hoping it’ll be on the EP.

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  16. drewinseries

Drew

They are super sweet. Interview isn't live until new year, but thanks for Qs yall.

smowashere and RyanRyan like this.
  17. RyanRyan

Looking forward to reading it!

18. RyanRyan

Just got my tickets to see them on their UK tour in Birmingham next year wooo

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  19. drewinseries

Drew

This is tight, using a backing track/modulation for Heather seemed to do wonders. Some of their live performances, especially studio performances, it seems that she is really nervous.

RyanRyan likes this.
  20. RyanRyan

More so with studio performances, yeah. Having seen them live twice, she didn’t seem to falter. Even added extra little vocal nuances (I can’t think of the right word...she varied up the vocals a little?) and clearly had a lot of fun. Seemed quite confident in fact! Maybe it’s being filmed in such close proximity that makes her nervous!

21. RyanRyan

Two things I noticed recently with them performing NYE:
    1. With Heather changing guitar from a 12-string Vox to a 6, and then a Mustang here, her little guitar riff, the main one, is so quiet in comparison. Like she’s not quite managed to get that sound the 12 gave her. Sadly it’s omitted entirely in the studio version! But I appreciate the synth in it’s place as an alternative. Very different vibe.
    2. Live performances of this are extended. Both the intro and outro. Wonder why they shortened the studio version...assuming to make it more radio-friendly? Would that make sense?

Apologies for looking so deep into all of this. Love this band so much.

22. RyanRyan

Can’t wait til the EP next year!

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  23. jorbjorb

7 rings

Is the 1975 your favorite band?

24. RyanRyan

Who is this directed at sorry?

25. jorbjorb

7 rings