Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pale Waves Announce New Album; Stream New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pale Waves will release their new album, Who Am I?, on February 12th. Today they’ve shared the new song “Change” and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Change
    2. Fall To Pieces
    3. She’s My Religion
    4. Easy
    5. Wish U Were Here
    6. Tomorrow
    7. You Don’t Own Me
    8. I Just Needed You
    9. Odd Ones Out
    10. Run To
    11. Who Am I?
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yay, they put more effort into the album cover this time!

3. SupMikecheck

@SupMikecheck

This song is so good, one of my favorite bands for sure.

Framey likes this.
  4. rbf737

Regular

It's definitely reflected in the video, but this is vintage Avril or Michelle Branch right here.

5. skoopy

Regular

I dig the 1998 album cover

6. Was really excited for this band when they dropped their first single and then it was kinda disappointing to see them not really do anything interesting on the debut record. This seems like it has way more focus but also sounds and looks pretty derivative of the whole Avril thing. Still hoping they've got a good record in them, I loooove that very first single.

MikeERayner and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  7. MikeERayner

Trusted

Idk IMO literally every single thing to come out of dirty hit post the 1975 just seems so damn forced. Just seems like they’re trying way too hard to replicate the success.

smowashere and cosmickid like this.
  8. MikeERayner

Trusted

There’s a honey was a jam.

BigMouth likes this.
  9. Japanese House has released some of the best music, period, of the last few years tho

10. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I mean Rina Sawayama is next level and is far from forced.

JRGComedy, Jason Tate and BigMouth like this.
  11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I could agree that some of the artists seem The 1975-influenced, but TJH, Rina, Blackstarkids, Wolf Alice, and QTY in particular are quite unique.

12. punkzilla84

And winner of the worst album cover goes to pale waves. I really like this band but not feeling any of this

13. jackyjackyjack

Regular

It's a catchy song but eeek some of those lyrics :/

14. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

I wouldn't say that i agree with this across the board, but at very least they seem to be pretty terrible at pumping resources into their other artists. Either they don't know how to make them blow up or they don't care.