Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pale Waves – My Mind Makes Noises

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Debut albums are tricky. On the one hand, they’re the first real look most people will take at your band. Sure, you’ve released a bunch of singles, maybe even a few EPs, but the actual debut album still seems to end up being where you take all the momentum you’ve had, and make a push to build a fan base around your music. So far, Pale Waves have been doing everything right. They’ve released a variety of songs, they’ve been building some buzz, and they have locked down the style they’re going for. On the other hand, getting a debut album right means finding a collection of songs that can keep those early adopters happy (since they’ve probably ov...

This article is available exclusively to supporters of our website. Join now for as little as $3 per month and get access to exclusive content and a variety of perks. Plus, you'll be helping an independent publisher. Learn more here.

2. gbuffers

England.

I'm a huge fan of this band's work... so far. So much so that I haven't been that excited about a new band for a long time before them but that in turn means my expectations for the album are sky high. I feared exactly what you said Jason; that there would be great songs but not a great album as a whole. Interested to give this a full listen and will try to go in with an open mind of course.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

This band is great. The perfect cheesy retro-pop band for this year. I'm super keen to give this a listen ASAP!