Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Stephen S. DeKnight, March 23, 2018) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 14, 2016.

1. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

This movie is literally a fan fiction continuation. It has it all- spunky original character, retconned in family member, beloved cameo appearance, horrible, cheesy dialogue. And I mean all of this in a positive way- what a blast. Totally absurd and I’ll probably never watch it again, but a fun way to spend a Friday after ditching work early.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This just wasn't for me. I knew it would be a big dumb action movie and ot delivered on all counts but some of it was just too dumb for me. Idk... I'm sure fans will enjoy it... I was dragged to it by a friend.

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

It was alright. Fun action but that was about it really.

4. alim

i would have been a lawyer

this wasn't good. im sorry my date spent on the tickets and popcorn. neither of which were cheap.

5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This was similar to the first one, from what I remember at least. Dumb, but overall pretty fun. John Boyega is so damn charismatic, it's hard to not enjoy it when he's on screen. I enjoyed the Newt twist. Charlie Day just being a nut kind of helped with that.

But there were a few things that seemed like they were set up to be more that were either quickly resolved with no real conflict or forgotten like the Kaiju blood thrusters or the Caliee Spaeny's character having trouble with the neural handshake. The ending felt super abrupt. Also, Scott Eastwood is a bad actor.

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I had just as much fun the second time.

aoftbsten and airik625 like this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

aoftbsten likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

anime renewed

10. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Is this really that bad compared to the original if you think its story wasn't ever great and mostly liked it for the style and monster/robot fights?