Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

P.O.S / DJ Fundo / Sims / Ceschi / Transit22 / Dwynell Roland Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Oct 4, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Oct 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

1/20 - Anchorage, AK @ Williwaw (w/ Sims)
    1/28 - Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge (w/ Transit22)
    1/29 - Detroit, MI @ The Crofoot (Pike Room) (w/ Transit22)
    1/31 - Toronto, ON @ Adelaide Hall (w/ Transit22)
    2/01 - Montreal, QC @ Theatre Fairmount (w/ Transit22)
    2/02 - Boston, MA @ The Sinclair (w/ Transit22, Ceschi)
    2/03 - Philadelphia, PA @ Underground Arts (w/ Transit22, Ceschi)
    2/06 - Vienna, VA @ Jammin' Java (w/ Transit22, Ceschi)
    2/07 - Brooklyn, NY @ Rough Trade (w/ Transit22, Ceschi)
    2/08 - New York, NY @ Mercury Lounge (w/ Transit22, Ceschi)
    2/10 - Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel (w/ Ceschi)
    2/11 - Atlanta, GA @ Aisle 5 (w/ Ceschi)
    2/12 - New Orleans, LA @ House of Blues (The Parish) (w/ Ceschi)
    2/15 - Austin, TX @ Mohawk (w/ Ceschi)
    2/16 - Dallas, TX @ Club Dada (w/ Ceschi)
    2/17 - Kansas City, MO @ The Riot Room (w/ Ceschi)
    2/18 - Omaha, NE @ The Waiting Room (w/ Ceschi)
    3/01 - Missoula, MT @ Monk's (w/ Sims, Dwynell Roland)
    3/02 - Seattle, WA @ The Crocodile (w/ Sims, Dwynell Roland)
    3/03 - Vancouver, BC @ Fortune Sound Club (w/ Sims, Dwynell Roland)
    3/04 - Portland, OR @ Wonder Ballroom (w/ Sims, Dwynell Roland)
    3/06 - San Francisco, CA @ Bottom of the Hill (w/ Sims, Dwynell Roland)
    3/07 - Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst (w/ Sims, Dwynell Roland)
    3/09 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Roxy (w/ Sims, Dwynell Roland)
    3/10 - San Diego, CA @ The Casbah (w/ Dwynell Roland)
    3/11 - Phoenix, AZ @ Pub Rock (w/ Dwynell Roland)
    3/12 - Albuquerque, NM @ Launchpad (w/ Dwynell Roland)
    3/14 - Durango, CO @ Animas City Theatre (w/ Dwynell Roland)
    3/15 - Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater (w/ Dwynell Roland)

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Very disappointed there is no Cleveland date. I had tickets to his Cleveland show on the 2012 tour that he had to cancel. I believe that was the last time he did a big tour. Kind of sucks he's not hitting the cities that he had to cancel his last time out.

3. michael_gatto

Trusted

Haven't seen P.O.S in a while, this should be fun.

4. TMS2787

Trusted

I am really bummed that this isn't hitting Cleveland or even Columbus and / or Pittsburgh. I was gutted last time he had to cancel his show here but I am really excited to see he's made a full recovery and can finally do a full tour again. I can't believe that was almost four years ago now that he had to cancel that tour. He puts on a killer show. Seeing him at Warped Tour, playing in the middle of the audience was so tight and besides Manchester Orchestra or Kevin Devine, he's my favorite Brand New opener I've seen. Lol.

Side-bar: @kidinthebushes is really on this shit. Lol. As soon as a tour is announced he's got it on here and always posts "this starts tonight" in the threads. Applause.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Fairly certain back in 2012 when he cancelled those shows he either tweeted or said publicly that he'd make it up to all the cities he cancelled eventually. Forget about Cleveland, he's not even coming to Ohio. Bummer.

6. TMS2787

Trusted

I don't ever believe it when artists / bands say that. We had tickets for Frank Ocean at fucking Saint Andrews fucking Hall in 2012, we're at dinner and get the call from Ticketmaster that the show is cancelled. Frank Ocean Tweeted he'd make it up to the people. How could he though? Make sure all of the people who had tickets get into his next local show for free? He hardly toured after that but none of the shows where in Detroit.

Alessia Cara (sp?) was suppose to play the Rock Hall this January and cancelled due to sickness after the doors opened, the opneres played and no one got refunded. She said she'd make it up to the people. How will she? It was a $5.50 show and there's no way she'll play a show that small or for that price now. And she's had a few runs since then and hasn't and isn't coming back anytime soon.

P.O.S. was so long ago, I'm sure he said that but I've never surprised when they don't "make it up". I wish they wouldn't say that nonsense. I'm sure someday he'll be back in this area but it probably just didn't work out with routing, availability, etc this time around. It's not completely his fault or the other people I mentioned fault that they get sick, have to cancel and their people tell them to say they'll "make it up" and then the next tour(s) they don't have a date in the city. I just wish they wouldn't say that shit. Lol.
    W

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Agreed that it's impossible to make it up to the individuals, but the least they can do is try to at least come back to the city where you at least give those same people the opportunity to see them. In P.O.S.' defense, I believe he cancelled well in advance so it wasn't like some shocker or surprise a few hours or days before the show. Just an unfortunate situation.

Side note, I have no idea where he'd even play around here. That 2012 show was slated for The Grog Shop but that was 4 years ago and he hasn't put out an album since and his popularity has to have decreased. I mean, I went to the Astronautalis show at The Grog Shop a few weeks ago and it was a ghost town and he just put out an album.

8. TMS2787

Trusted

If I recall correctly it was a few weeks or even more in advance that the cancellation of the tour was announced.

I also have to agree about his decrease in popularity. I think around the time he got sick was the height of his popularity and now people have kind of forgotten about him. I loved his first three albums, wasn't huge on the last one and to be honest I kind of "forgot" about him myself. I forgot to respond to your reply about Astro last month, I so badly wish I could've went to the show and even thought I was in Chicago for Riot Fest I was still bummed and I was also bummed to see you say only 50 or so people where at the show. I thought when he signed to SideOneDummy it'd be his break but I guess not. Did you go to his previous show at The Beachland Tavern? There had to be more than 50 people at that show. Clevelands been so strange lately.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

When he was at Beachland, it was like a day or two after my son was born, so I couldn't make it. My wife would have killed me, haha. It was weird at The Grog Shop last month...I had a feeling it wouldn't be a capacity crowd or anything, but I definitely did NOT expect such a small crowd there. He too probably had the height of his popularity in 2011-2012, right around when This is Our Science came out and had the song with Tegan and Sara. You look back at some of his YouTube clips and you have half a million views on a bunch of his videos from that album. With Cut the Body Loose, his videos are only getting like 30K to 50K views. Sucks too because Cut the Body Loose is incredible and his live show was outstanding.

As for P.O.S., I loved his last album, maybe my 2nd favorite from him actually but I'd argue the height of his popularity was probably 2009 when Never Better was released and he had a few videos on MTV. I've been waiting on his new album for a long, long time. Would have loved to catch him live.

10. TMS2787

Trusted

I could agree with that but I feel like he was still riding that wave of popularity from that time. Even with that, I'm not sure how big of a draw he is here because he played the Grog Shop (which is how I discovered Astro) after Warped Tour there where only around 100 people there. But it was St Patrick's Day and that's such a big deal here. I just want to see him again, as well. Regardless of if I like the new album or not.

As for Astro, he was def doing better on the last album cycle but I thought him signing to SideOneDummy would pushing that further and I'm sad to say I think he's peaked. Still one of my favorites though and the new album is really tight.

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted