Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ozark (Netflix, 2017) TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Jul 22, 2017.

1. domotime2 May 12, 2020
    (Last edited: May 12, 2020)
    domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

and done. Excellent stuff. I think this is my favorite Netflix show other than, like, Stranger things/haunting on hill house.

i think season 4 has to be the end though. We can only go in circles for so long. It feels like we're just shuffling the characters around at this point and the show is hitting a peak.

Obviously best character is Ruth but i'm really sad to see her not working with Marty anymore and Marty not doing something to show what she means to them
    other stray observations;
    - At first i hated that they kept Darlene in the show and partnered her with Wyatt. It felt forced and the producers like 'we wanna keep these two but dont know what to do with them..... LETS PAIR THEM TOGETHER!" but you can't not like her by the end of the season.

- I like responsible Charlotte more than angsty Charlotte. Although i feel like overall, her character has been the most up and down in terms of usage, personality, everything. Probably the least utilized character on the show, after the initial few episodes. I would've liked it if Charlotte and Jonah were able to convince Helen's daughter it's not a big deal.

- Sam's great and he better not ever get killed.

2. domotime2

hah couldn't agree more. More so i can't believe Wendy would keep leaving him alone. They couldn't figure out a legit "psychiatric" place to put him or try more desperately to have him take medications. I really wanted to see a scene of Wendy and Ruth and Ben legit explaining how big of a difference the medication really is.

3. order of the bhills

The entire Ben subplot of season 3 was a mistake.

imthesheriff likes this.
  4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

He was a plot device.

irthesteve likes this.
  5. order of the bhills

it felt insensitive to be like "oh this guy is bipolar, therefore he acts like a child."

I Am Mick likes this.
  6. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Just watched all three seasons in 5 days. I would have liked to see the Byrdes outsmart Helen themselves. Although I guess it fits the pattern of Wendy and Marty finding themselves even more deeply entrenched in the cartel business and more attached to the fate of Navarro himself.

Kosgrove/Langmore/Snell vs Byrde/Navarro next season, in what has to be the last? It’ll be interesting to see what happens with Jonah as well. He definitely won’t forgive his parents are easily as Charlotte did.

Overall, I just missed Buddy in season 3.

7. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

they have 2 more seasons left

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Did they not actually outsmart Helen in the end?

9. domotime2

2!? more seasons? Are they thought out seasons or just winging it? Like, is there a general plan?

10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The original premise was he had to launder $500 million in five years

11. Kellan

To me it seemed like Navarro killed her because her daughter found out about her work, rather than the Byrde’s proving they were more useful than her. Unless the fact that Helen allowed her daughter to find out proved she was less useful than them.

I forgot about the $500m in 5 years at the beginning. And Bateman has said he hopes for “four or five seasons”. Although it technically hasn’t even been renewed at all yet.

12. airik625

I didn’t get that at all. Felt like it was strictly for Marty and Wendy, but mainly Wendy.

13. Kellan

yeah you may be right, that’s actually not something I had considered.

Did Helen end up with the confession from the FBI? If Navarro had seen that it seems like he wouldn’t have waited to kill the Byrdes unless he knew it was just a play to eliminate them.

14. domotime2

bleh, well i meant more like, how they intend on stretching this all out. I feel like one more year would suffice so i'm nervous how they're gonna make it last

15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I assumed Navarro killed Helen because he knew about her phony FBI confession and could no longer trust her (if she would lie to him about this, what else would she lie about?)

16. airik625

do we know Navarro even knew about the FBI confession? It seemed to me that she was kind of doing whatever she wanted after (what appeared to be) Navarro giving her consent to start making business preparations just in case anything happened.

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

For better or worse, Navarro seems to be that character that knows everything. Maybe Helen's driver reported to him, but I assume he was aware of her plan.

18. domotime2

i do agree that i'm a bit confused why he killed Helen. What did she do that was THAT wrong? Especially considering how undeniably loyal she was to him. The Byrde's have been much more erratic and a headache, you'd think he would've gotten rid of them a long time ago.

Texas Flood likes this.
  19. Kellan

Navarro knew about the confession because Agent Miller is working for him

so says reddit lol

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Solid season, I love when shows take big huge plot points and sideswipe you with them

21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally!! The lack of updates stressed me out. This should be the perfect length to tie everything up.

angrycandy likes this.
  23. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

please don't make me wait two years

thx

airik625 likes this.
  24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Excited to see how it ends. Not thrilled with a split season

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

it's gonna be quite a wait due to covid anyway