Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Owen - The King of Whys (July 29, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Contender, May 25, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

I trust you, man - so pumped to discover this

I doubt it'll top the s/t in my book, tho

2. It's like a perfect mix of No Good and At Home With

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Probably why it's my favourite!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

An Island is one of the best songs of the year

5. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Wish I agreed with that, I find An Island one of the drowsier songs on the album. Of course it's Owen and it's fantastic, but after repeated listens I could use some more variety on this disc - it's a very sleepy album, and not all of his slower stuff has always come across that way.

6. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

"In my dreams, I'm asleep. You're in bed. We speak French."

Fuck, that's good.

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

8. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

This is still my favorite album of 2016.

9. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Settled Down is a hell of a track

OotyPa and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. wearethedead

missing out

With me playing the new American Football almost constantly, I thought I'd go back to this again. It's still a really good album, but suits this time of year better than when I first heard it in the summer. Empty Bottle is definitely unusual for an Owen song, but I absolutely love it. Probably my favourite on here.

11. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I remember Mike Kinsella teasing a few clips about a year ago on his Instagram, just 20 second blips of songs - went back and found them and turns out they were Empty Bottle and Sleep Is A Myth. I wonder if they were his demos or if the Instagram vids were from the studio

12. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Settled Down gets a music video

bradsonemanband and wearethedead like this.
  13. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Nevermind, saw this:

14. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Any love for this on EOY lists? I doubt it, since its not that remarkable but its such a damn good addition to Owen's catalogue

15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This album is def gonna make it top 30 for me. Leagues better than the AF album

16. Letterbomb31 Jan 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 24, 2017)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I've been revisiting Owen's discography over the last few days. No Good for No One Now, I Do Perceive and At Home with Owen are clearly the best albums in his discography. At Home with Owen in particular is one of my favourite albums of all time, I don't think there's a more perfect song out there than "One of These Days". His other albums are more hit and miss, although there are a few great songs on each. "The Armoire", "New Leaves" and "Tourniquet" are undoubtedly some of his best songs but sadly I just don't love any of the albums they belong to. I still haven't managed to listen to his debut or L'Ami du Peuple.

coleslawed and bradsonemanband like this.
  17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

At Home with Owen > I Do Perceive > King of Whys = Owen > L'Ami du Peuple > Ghost Town = No Good for No One Now > New Leaves

18. i could never rate his albums in order of favorite to least favorite. i agree that l'ami, ghost town, and new leaves are his weakest though.

and how about (The EP)??? i love that thing

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  19. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

No Good is way too low on there but that's my only disagreement. Also the ep is great

20. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

It's my #1 of the year. I don't think I saw it on any other lists.

21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

The month where I discovered Owen by listening to No Good for No One Now, followed by I Do Perceive and At Home with Owen was arguably the greatest month of my life

22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

one of his best albums, a million times better than the new american football record

hes perfecting the craft

23. Horrorca

Trusted

both kill, but I would say AF's LP#2 is better

24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

naaaaah

but since we're talking about old owen. does anyone not get choked up at this song?