Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Owen - The King of Whys (July 29, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Contender, May 25, 2016.

1. MegT585

Trusted

This is my favorite Owen album since "At Home With"

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. I think I'm right there with you

3. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I thought the same at first, and they really do. Tourniquet especially sounded boring at first and is quite the fantastic little tune - listen for the little mid-song instrumental flourishes and they start standing out a lot more.

If there's one thing I'm not an enormous fan of, its "Empty Bottle" as the opener and "Lost" as the closer. Neither seems to fit right.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  4. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

We need a full Owen/S.Carey tour now.

coleslawed and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

"Empty Bottle" reminds me a lot of "I Believe." I've never found Mike's vocal melodies to be that memorable individually but they often compliment the music so well

6. A full U.S. tour, preferably. Not just Chicago and surrounding areas. I need this man to come to Utah one day! I've already flown out to San Francisco to see Owen/American Football (in the same weekend, mind you!) and I can't do that again. Not for awhile, at least, haha...

t_papaccio likes this.
  7. Tom

I'm lucky being 15 minutes from Philly and 90 minutes away from NYC. We get a lot of shows around here. That being said I'm still waiting for American Football to play in Philly haha. I did get tickets to see Mike solo though in September. I'm so excited for that. It's at one of my favorite venues in Philly. Super small and intimate.

8. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

The last Owen record is probably my favorite tbh. The fricken French name one that I'm not going to copy and paste when I'm on mobile. I absolutely adore that record.

vidiviciveni and OotyPa like this.
  9. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

This and his last album are his best work

10. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I just got around to listening to this and I really like it. It sounds exactly like I imagined it would when he announced S. Carey worked with him on it.

11. vidiviciveni

Trusted

L'Ami du Peuple is one of my favorites of his for sure. For whatever reason, taken as a whole album, the one of his I keep returning to most is New Leaves. It just flows together seamlessly.

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

13. "This is a brand new unreleased track from OWEN recorded specifically for this project."

It features "An Island"... That's on the new album, which hardly makes "specific" to this 7", but whatever, you know I'll buy it. Haha.

14. cwhit

it's okay, the colossal track is far more important anyways, haha

15. Tom

Tourniquet might be one of my favorite songs ever. So god damn good holy fuck.

h8bit and noeljames like this.
  16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I like this album but I don't love it like some of his previous releases. I'm beginning to wonder if he's done all he can do with Owen.

17. cwhit

can't believe he's following up this album with another owen album so soon

h8bit, Contender and bradsonemanband like this.
  18. What are you talking about? This sounds exactly like American Football! What a disgrace...

19. jorbjorb

7 rings

The album sounds liek American Football!

h8bit and bradsonemanband like this.
  20. Kennedy

Mike Kinsella in 2016 sounds like Mike Kinsella in 2016

coleslawed, fame and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. Horrorca

Trusted

the first three will always be the best ones, but the new one might be the best one since then...

I really like it when he tries a fuller band sound like in Empty Bottle - so much balls right there

22. you didn't like At Home With? That's still my favorite one.

23. Horrorca

Trusted

LOL

that's my favorite!! haha (the VU cover sucks tho)

I just realized that I didn't know I Do Percieve exists... o_O

24. Kennedy

Frenchy name is my favorite Owen album and I still haven't memorized how to type it

Contender likes this.
  25. I Do Perceive is the second best one! haha

Letterbomb31 likes this.