Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Owel - Dear Me (November 11, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this has me revisiting the s/t and its one of the better albums ive heard this decade. i can count on one hand the number of songs that run the string of emotions death in the snow does

DejaMoi likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

they were so good live, the new songs are great

this record surprised me with how good it was, my expectations weren't high because of how good the last one was but this blew them away

3. Leftandleaving

I fucking cannot believe how good this is. Every single song on here is beautiful. I am in love

Also starting to think I Am Not Yours is edging out Be Quiet for my favorite on here

DejaMoi and Jose like this.
  4. cwhit

paying 15 bucks for a shitty opening set to see these guys tonight, hell yeah

5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

My friends band is playing with them Sunday night but it's mothers day

6. cwhit

I paid 15 bucks for four songs but one was snowglobe so I guess it's worth it?

DejaMoi likes this.
  7. Kmil

Trusted

Were you at the Baltimore show? Shit, I wanted to go see them, but work got in the way, how was it?

8. cwhit

just got home, haha. live like three minutes away so it wasn't too bad though the cash kind of stung, and they went on third instead of second like i expected so i ended up having to buy dinner too haha. we got four songs. didn't even really recognize the first, then got too young to fall in love, float, and snowglobe. at least i got to see snowglobe, helps justify it all, haha

9. Kmil

Trusted

I wish I was that close, if I was home it would have taken me 45 min, but working in VA it would have been almost 2 hours to get there so there was no way I could. Snowglobe and Too Young to Fall in Love would have made it worth it for me though, plus I'm really into the new A Lot Like Birds album so I would have stuck around. I really wanna catch these guys live at some point, I hope they headline something soon.

10. cwhit

i got to see them headline metro gallery last year, was really great since it was the first time i was able to see them after years of being huge supporters of them. this is the second time i've paid like 15 bucks for a 25 minute set haha. whatever, they're the best.

i used to live in montgomery county when i was at my parents, VA feels so much further from this side of DC, hah

11. Kmil

Trusted

Damn, I'm jealous, I'll catch them the next time around. I live in Montgomery County right now actually haha.

12. cwhit

hah, funny. lived in potomac for almost all of my life, up in baltimore now. will def see you at a show some time!

13. Kmil

Trusted

Yup, for sure man

cwhit likes this.
  14. Leftandleaving

This album still kicks ass

15. cwhit

haven't listened in too long

16. Leftandleaving

Change that

cwhit likes this.
  17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I can confirm, it still rules.

18. cwhit

listened to this last night again, probably my best listen to this yet. this album is spectacular

Kmil and DejaMoi like this.
  19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

This band is spectacular.

20. Colin Your Enthusiasm

21. Leftandleaving

This album is still really, really gorgeous

bedwettingcosmo and DejaMoi like this.
  22. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

yeah i need to revisit it.

23. thechrisformat Jul 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2017)
    Finally saw Owel live tonight. Wasn't expecting it to be in a random park in NJ in 90 degree heat, but they were still incredible. Played a song for the first time (according to them), so that was cool to see. I'll post the set below in spoilers if anyone is interested.

Slow
    Pale Soft Light
    Be Quiet
    Too Young To Fall In Love
    Float
    Burning House (with Pixies mix)
    Ocean Legs
    Paper Hands
    Death In The Snow
    Not Today (1st time played live, apparently?)
    Tonight, Tonight (Smashing Pumpkins cover)
    Snowglobe

cwhit and DejaMoi like this.
  24. Sad Messiah

Regular

Pale Soft Light >

25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

That's a really great set. Hope I get to see them live one day too.