Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Overwatch (Blizzard, 2016) Video Game • Page 297

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 31, 2016.

1. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I hate that I’m crying because of the Overwatch 2 trailer. These characters and the game mean so much to me. The game really helped me out of a dark place years ago.

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

It got me in my feelings too tbh

oncenowagain and Shakriel like this.
  3. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Glad I wasn’t the only one haha

ghostedaway and oncenowagain like this.
  4. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

So the way it’s working is if you only want to play the multiplayer side of the game you don’t have to pay anything. You’ll still get the heroes, maps, etc. if you want to play the story/PvE stuff then you have to pay. Your cosmetics and everything will carry over. There was mention that the blizzard launcher will have two separate OW icons for pvp and PvE but eventually they consolidate it to one. The entire game is getting an updated engine of sorts and there will be a new UI and some other things.

supernovagirl likes this.
  5. CoffeeEyes17

Also it’s been confirmed on Alphacast that a new hero will come between now and the launch of OW2. Probably going to be Echo since she already seemed part of the team in this story trailer.

6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

So is OW2 supposed to be coming this year?

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

CoffeeEyes17 and ghostedaway like this.
  8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

mei is for Hong Kong

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I would think they pushed it up but how are people playing it already if it wasn’t already partially/mostly? Done

also wait it will be free for pvp? Interesting. And like full price for the rest??

10. CobraKidJon

from what I read the pvp is still free and overwatch 1 and 2 can play together but for the single player stuff you gotta get overwatch 2 and transfer your stuff over.

11. Tyler

Regular Supporter

It's not mostly done at all.

"Ok, so, regarding the release date,@MrDeriv (JVC) has confirmed to me that the release date targeted by Blizzard for Overwatch 2 is around autumn 2020. It was Jeff Kaplan himself who gave them this info a priori. #Overwatch2"

ghostedaway and Richter915 like this.
  12. Tyler

Regular Supporter

[​IMG]

13. ghostedaway Nov 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 3, 2019)
    ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

So hopefully we get Echo in a few weeks then since we usually get a new character mid November. Or Sojourn since they highlighted her a bit more in the trailers. Not sure if they are trying to fake us out

Richter915 likes this.
  14. CobraKidJon

15. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Weak that no new hero was announced this week. As someone who dreads when their friends want to play archives or junkenstein, I’m very glad that OW2 is PvE nonsense that I can ignore and that the main pvp carries over.

Maybevictor likes this.
  16. CobraKidJon

I’m 100% believing they weren’t ready to announce this at all.

supernovagirl and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  17. CobraKidJon

Jason from Kotaku was just talking about blizzard stuff and the backlash from the announcements.

someone asked him when do we think we’ll see overwatch 2 and he said 2021.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  18. CoffeeEyes17

Yeah I don’t think it’s a coincidence they showed off such a rough outline of the PvE mode with just vanilla characters. It probably wasn’t meant to be announced until next year but the pressure was on. It’s desperate but I guess it’s kinda working since a lot of people are hyped and the controversy has been swept away. That “apology” that they gave at Blizzcon was so vague and felt so mechanical. But it still got applause

19. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I mean I suspected as much but I also didn’t expect them to be able to have playable demos 2 years out but I am not exactly an expert on these things lol

20. oncenowagain Nov 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 4, 2019)
    oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Haven’t played since Sigma was released, but I decided to play last night so that I could at least get the Sombra skin. Expected to play just enough to get the skin but wound up getting sucked in to 6v6 slim for a couple of hours after unlocking it

Richter915 likes this.
  21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Sounds like there are two other heroes coming eventually too. A male character with a staff and a female character with a pet fox or something?

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

23. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Sooooo are we getting ANY heroes before OW2?

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

If Overwatch 2 isn't scheduled to release until fall 2020 I assume we'd get a few before it comes out. Still hoping for Echo since November is a new character month.

25. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I was hardstuck gold for a while, but finally reached 2900 and now every loss is painful, since diamond is within grasp. What makes it worse is all my friends are mid-gold and when I play with them I’m almost guaranteed to lose SR, but I feel bad not playing with them.

Richter915 and Contender like this.