Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Overwatch (Blizzard, 2016) Video Game • Page 220

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 31, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

2. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Really have been getting back into this after Blizzcon/Overwatch World Cup hype

3. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Same. I took a bit of a break and I've started to return. Outside of the disaster that were my placement matches, I've been having fun again.

ikanacanyon likes this.
  4. drewinseries

Drew

Moira is really fun to play. Saved my team from a graviton + dragon blade ult.

5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

wait is she out already

6. drewinseries

Drew

7. supernovagirl

8. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

supernovagirl likes this.
  9. supernovagirl

thanks.
    So can anyone do that? orrrr whats up
    also when do we think she will be officially rolled out

10. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

"The Public Test Region (PTR) is an alternative region available on the Battle.net app that allows players to beta test select features before they are put into the full game. It is only available on PC."

I'd say definitely another week, probably 2 weeks though

11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm thinking the week after Thanksgiving

12. supernovagirl

that's so far tho
    (I'm just impatient)

13. drewinseries

Drew

Is the PTR on other platforms? I thought it was a PC only thing.

There's only two modes, no limits, or quick play. Every time there is a new character youre up against 5 other people trying to auto lock the new character on quick play, and literally everyone, your team and not, playing the new character lol.

14. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

So the Overwatch subreddit is going pretty crazy these last few days about a "one trick" getting banned for playing only Torb, and whether this now means that playing only one hero is now a bannable offence. I've been having some thoughts about it, but that place is toxic as hell so thought I'd post them here.

I totally get the point that Overwatch is a team based game, and so Blizzard have tried to funnel effective teamwork as an emphasis. In that regard, yes maybe playing a single hero could be to the detriment to the team. And yes, Blizzard do try to emphasize that you should be switching heroes and adapting to your surroundings.

But on the other hand, if Blizzard is going to let you play as any hero you wish, how can it be a bannable offence to utilize that? Unless we get into the realms of drafts and blocking heroes before a match, like LoL, then it is your right to play as whoever you want. Yeah, it might be detrimental to the team effort and a bit rude, but bannable?

The very idea of comp and how the rankings work is that everyone in the game is on a similar level. So everyone in a circa- 2500SR game is of a similar level, regardless of if they switch hero every game or main Torb.

If a player is one tricking to tank their SR, then that's a different matter. If a player is playing the hero that they play best, why should it matter?

15. drewinseries

Drew

If you only play one character, competitive isn't for you. There is no guarantee that you can play character X every game. If you decide to AFK because you don't get your way, I'm totally fine with them being banned. I see that in comp too much as is. I've autolocked Genji to get some people to fuck off, and they throw a temper tantrum.

If they can differentiate between people who only play one character, and if they don't are AFK or griefing, ban them. Comp is better for it.

16. drewinseries

Drew

If it makes people scared to do shit like that, good. I don't know the current standards for blizzard about this though.

17. drewinseries

Drew

Literally just had a game where dude said he'd play nothing but Genji, when he realized it wasn't working because he's dogshit he left, and we lost. Ban them all.

18. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

But then that's two different issues, isn't it? People playing a single hero, and people that AFK/ grief. AFKing and griefing should always be a bannable offence. I feel like that shouldn't even need to be clarified.

I don't think that's what is in question here, though I know that's one of the causes of why the lad who was banned, was banned.

The question is, and why people seem to be getting mad, is about whether people playing a single hero come what may (Torb on attack on Numbani, for example) should be reported? We've all been on those teams and all hated it (I moan here a fair bit about it) but bannable offence? People should have the right to play the game as they please. Yes, comp would be better for everyone if we all worked as a team and all had mics and all that. Is it realistic when it comes to solo Qing? Absolutely not.

19. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

This kinda highlights my point. If people act like that, ban them. 100%.

But people seem to be getting annoyed at the idea of someone one tricking in general. If a person plays only Torb, or Genji or whoever, and manages to select then, fine. If they one trick, don't manage to select them, but choose another hero that they're not as good at but don't moan or grief or quit, that's also fine. They probably won't be as good, but it's not a bannable offence in my eyes.

20. drewinseries

Drew

I think this comes to what makes game balance so hard. I was talking to my friends and I was like, why isn't there a voting system, if like 4/6 of the team votes for player X to change, the game locks it out. I didn't even think of the ways people can abuse that.

It's a hard question with not an easy answer I guess. I'm just so tired of people not playing as a team in comp. If that person doesn't care about winning SR, why not just play quick play? People suck sometimes.

21. Shakriel

That Torb wasn't really given the 24-hour ban because he one tricked, it was because he wouldn't work alongside his team.

22. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Oh I know (he was AFKing and all sorts, wasn't he? Repeatedly so), but I was more commenting on the whole debate that has engulfed that subreddit over the last couple of days. People are commenting and saying that just making a single hero should be a bannable offence, and it got me thinking is all.

23. Shakriel

Ah gotcha, ok. I admittedly don't know how I feel about banning someone for only playing one character. I'd probably be fine with it for comp, since you're literally screwing over 5 other people if your character is being hard countered.

24. drewinseries

Drew

I'll hold by people who only play one character shouldn't play comp. shouldn't doesn't mean can't though.

Richter915 likes this.
  25. supernovagirl

banning them from comp or the whole game? confused.

also my game kept crashing tonight so that sucked. has anyone else experienced that today?