Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Overwatch (Blizzard, 2016) Video Game • Page 213

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 31, 2016.

1. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

[​IMG]

A strategy that I can get behind.

Shakriel likes this.
  2. lightning

whoa another xb1 player? hi

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

xbox players we out here

storm and ghostedaway like this.
  4. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Oooh I like seeing philly getting a spot in the OWL. Not that I think geography actually means much for these things other than just helping you figure out who to root for (I could be wrong though)

5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

6. MattNCheeze

Trusted

new DVA update got me fucked up because I used to cancel rocket jets with R2 and now since you can shoot and fly at the same time I'm having to reteach myself.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I had the timing of the shield down to a science. My first game playing as her fucked me up. I don't feel like she is more versitile tbh.

8. MattNCheeze

Trusted

She's harder to play now, for sure.

Richter915 likes this.
  9. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Late pass, but as a Pharah main I really hate this Junkrat buff. Its one less character that's an easy kill and I swear the dudes in the air as much as I am.

Richter915 likes this.
  10. Tyler

Regular Supporter

I love the Junkrat buff. Having two mines is great. Especially holding the end of Junkertown or the beginning choke point of Eichenwalde.

Richter915 likes this.
  11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Pharah's in trouble with the Junkrat and DVA changes for sure. They are all some of my favorites to play though haha

It's been easier to deal with PharMercy with the DVA changes imo

Tyler likes this.
  12. Tyler

Regular Supporter

I've definitely been seeing less Mercy's pocket Pharah since the update.

ghostedaway likes this.
  13. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Pharah's my go to on defense if I'm not tanking or healing and I must say there ain't no better got dang feelin then duelin' another pharah in the air and getting his/her/their ass in two shots.

14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm awful at Pharah vs Pharah haha

Richter915 likes this.
  15. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Typically I'll only engage if I can get one shot on them before hand, otherwise I typically will try and escape/ignore and let a team mate deal with it.

ghostedaway likes this.
  16. lightning

ikanacanyon and Contender like this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

the widowmaker statue I forgot I ordered shipped. lol

Richter915, ikanacanyon and Shakriel like this.
  18. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I've just seen less pharahs overall. The combo should be just as strong as ever. But also a lot of non mercy mains hopped on recently so they're kinda all over.

19. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Some thoughts on new Mercy. Very easy to climb with I have just realised. Gained 100 SR just in the last hour or so.

Very annoying having people that haven't learnt when to go in for a Rez with the new ability though. Lost count of the amount of times I'll die from a Bastion or Orisa, the energy is still unloading into my corpse, the Mercy flies in, rez's me, dies, I immediately die as well. Sometimes people are a lost cause. Focus on the team.

20. MattNCheeze

Trusted

I was playing Mercy on Jtown attack when I had a overzealous zarya charge in and get demolished

him "mercy, rez, rez, rez!"
    me: *in my head* fuck nooooo babayyy
    me over team chat: "heck no dude, you dun goofed. shouldn't have left the team"

I actually really like the new mercy. Having a lot more well played battles on payload maps because you have to be strategic with rez's now. Finding myself enjoying it more because even if we lose fuck dude that was fun.

Tyler, AFoolsGlory and ikanacanyon like this.
  21. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Yep, that's exactly it. Really annoys me when our Mercy goes chasing off to rez a Genji that over extended and kills herself in the process.

Tell ya what though, nothing better than ulting as Mercy now during a huge team battle with a Lucio nearby. Between the two of you, nothing dies in that fight.

MattNCheeze likes this.
  22. MattNCheeze

Trusted

My good friend and I always pair up for comp every Sunday and we do healers as he's a lucio main and I've picked up Mercy because I keep losing SR solo comping so I have to win it back.

We were defending Kings Row right before the 2nd checkpoint with like 15 seconds left and he drops his lucio ult and yells out "start picking up kills!"

boiiiiii I pulled out the mercy pistol and went pew pew pew and took out the tracer trying to contest the payload :crylaugh:

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  23. TOTAL MAYHEM IS BACK!

WITH THE NEW MERCY.

Rob Hughes and Contender like this.
  24. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

Some thoughts now the last few patches have sat with me for a while:

- Junkertown is a beastly map. Every match has been an absolute barnstormer. Very excited to see how it plays in comp.
    - Great to see Roadhog being played again! Although he strikes fear in me when I 1-on-1 now. He is so difficult to kill, especially while he is self-healing.
    - D.Va is so much fun to play again. I feel the ability to primary fire as you boost has made me play a lot more aggressively as her. I'm now back to the heighty days of 40-50 kills in a competitive match. So happy with the changes to her.
    - I'll never be good as Mercy and I need to stop caving and switching from Lucio / Zenyatta to Mercy just because people want a Mercy...
    - Deathmatch is the perfect practice arena. I love how casual it is and that I can dip in for a few matches just to improve my accuracy and mess about with some offensive characters.
    - I've never felt happy saying I "main" anyone as my attraction to a character usually lasts a single season. I can now happily say I am a flex tank though. I feel so effective as a D.Va / Reinhardt / Orisa / Winston having completed full seasons maining each one. This season I have been switching between all 4 and I love not feeling wedded to a single character anymore.

25. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Tell ya what, and I've not seen it mentioned much, but the Orisa changes have been fantastic. Pretty much my go to tank now. Really, really effective on defense.

Maybevictor and Toner like this.