Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Overlord (Julius Avery/Bad Robot; November 9th, 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Jul 18, 2018.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah this was a lot of fun. About halfway through the movie I realized Wafner was Euron Greyjoy.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  2. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Thanks. I forgot to look this up after the movie.

3. Davjs

Trusted

Man, one of the better movies I've seen in awhile. They nailed everything, no complaints. Not a weak actor, character, script or pacing issue in the whole thing.

secretsociety92 likes this.
  4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

This is literally my only complaint about it. I guess playing COD just made me want that haha.

But otherwise holy shit this was fantastic. Pretty much everything I wanted in a Nazi zombie movie. So much happier than I expected to be with this, especially after the initial disappointment of learning it wasn’t a Cloverfield movie.

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, did anyone catch Wafner's line about the French not knowing what was in the soil beneath them or something? That might be another complaint I have...to drop a line in there like that but give no hint before or any exploration after that something was up besides the science-y part of it. Maybe they'll explore it more in another movie some day...but again maybe that's just the COD nazi zombie player in me

6. Davjs

Trusted

Found this leaked so a release must be soon! I want the wife to see this in full quality so I'm going to wait for that to show her, but I'm excited. Best movie of 2018

#snubbed

David87 likes this.
  7. It released digitally today. DVD/Blu-ray release is Feb 19, I believe. I'm bummed I missed this in theaters, but I'm excited to finally check it out.

8. Davjs

Trusted

Since we are DC animated and Samurai Jack bros, I trust you will love this as I did!

Joe likes this.
  9. Judging by the trailers, it looked right up my alley.

Davjs likes this.
  10. This was a blast. Loved just about everything in it.

Davjs likes this.
  11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Finally saw this over the weekend. This was super dope.

Davjs likes this.
  12. Davjs Mar 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 4, 2019)
    Davjs

Trusted

Showed it to the wife and it was just as good the 2nd time around. She liked it too, which is good because now I know for a fact I can keep her.

13. Favorite line.
    Villain: How does it feel to have the blood of eternity flowing through your veins?!
    Wyatt Russell *channeling his dad maybe?*: Not so fucking great!

I also loved the one-take.

jkauf, Oskarr and Davjs like this.
  14. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

This movie was fucking tight.

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

amazon prime 11/1

16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Goddamnit. Was hoping for Netflix.

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Also they really screwed the pooch missing out on spooky season

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally rewatched this after talking about it in the Cloverfield thread yesterday. Just as entertaining the 2nd time around.

I went alone last time to see it because my wife and my friends were being losers, but my wife watched with me this time and she also loved it.

riotspray and oncenowagain like this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

wow man this is awesome after only ten minutes

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Did this just drop somewhere? You're the second person I've seen watching this for the first time in the last two days haha

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

it’s on hulu and prime until the end of this month

22. flask

Trusted Supporter

I’ve recommended this to a few people the past couple of weeks. Wyatt Russel is popping off rn from Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.