Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Outlander (STARZ) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Follows the story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie Fraser, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate relationship is ignited that tears Claire's heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives. - IMDB

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

STARZ just launched their own streaming service ($8.99 a month). Just in time for season 2!

3. A Flirting Time

Season one's finale was one of 2015's best episodes.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

It was really good. Very excited about the new season.

5. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely. I haven't read the books or anything, but hopefully season two will have a lighter tone to it.. maybe?

7. A Flirting Time

The series isn't a very dour one, so I'm sure the second season will strike a similar ratio of tough episodes.

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Could see that being the case. Looking forward to the change in scenery though with Paris.

9. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

Yay finally a thread for this. I actually have to finish watching Season 1B. I'm about to start the 7th book in the next few weeks.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome! I'll probably go back to the books after they finish with the series. Haha I'm weird and usually do the shows or movies first before the books.

11. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

Not sure if you're into Game of Thrones, but these were written beforehand and are just as thick and detailed. The last book "A Breadth of Snow and Ash" was a lot of the day to day of the lives of the characters, which I loved because I felt like I was there with them, but I could see how it becomes boring for some readers.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yep been into the show anyway for GoT as well. I bet the books for both are really good, and will definitely get into them at some point, especially with GoT and the fact that the books will be different towards the end than the show. Started using Audible recently, and already have all of them in my wish list. Definitely going to be very long listens.

13. A Flirting Time

:D excited

14. stayillogical

The actor that plays St. Germain was amazing. His final scene, wow. I will miss him.

15. stayillogical

Claire and Jamie's acting ploy last week was hysterical.

16. stayillogical

Rupert keeping the memory of Angus alive. So good.

17. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Does anyone else watch this? I’m starting the series over and it’s so interesting to watch the pilot knowing everything to come. Also I miss when Roger and Brianna weren’t such a focus. Love Brianna but I just cannot stand Roger.

18. stayillogical

Claire's reunion scene last season with Murtaugh brought such a huge smile to my face. That whole episode with bringing him back. I'm so glad they kept him alive.

19. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Same!!! I haven’t made it that far in the books, so I wasn’t sure if he came back or not.

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

my wife is starting this today and it's pretty entertaining so far

stayillogical likes this.
  21. stayillogical

Keep posting as you watch.

phaynes12 likes this.