Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Outdoor Recreation Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by muttley, Mar 30, 2016.

1. colorlesscliche Apr 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 18, 2016)
    colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

There's a cool Frank Lloyd Wright house in PA, beautiful hike around the area as well.

Here's the view from our cabins in Harper's Ferry, MD. We went tubing down this river earlier in the day.

This is my wife and I got married, went on a hike after our venue tour.

This was a nice 6-mile hike I did a month and a half ago, was super cold, but worth it.

Richter915 and muttley like this.
  2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Went for my first real bike ride of the year yesterday. Felt amazing. So glad to finally have some good weather.

muttley likes this.
  3. jorbjorb

7 rings

can't wait to get back to lake nutimik manitoba this summer!

4. jorbjorb

7 rings

that's a cabin? lol BALLIN

5. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

A couple of summers ago I went on a hike nearly every day. Nowhere breathtaking or anything like that, just local trails, and sometimes through forests that didn't have anything resembling a trail. I lost a ton of weight doing it and got addicted to being outdoors.

This summer, I'm thinking about picking up longboarding. @brandon_260 any recommendations for a board? I'm just looking to cruise around casually, but I have very big feet (14). Haha.

Richter915 likes this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin Apr 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 19, 2016)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

If you ever get a chance to ride a horse in the mountains. DO IT.

muttley likes this.
  8. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Happy Earth Day, y'all.

AelNire likes this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

BEACH TOMORROW!

AelNire likes this.
  10. muttley

Assuming I wake up and actually go, I'm planning to hike Mount Wrightson soon. It'll put me over 100 miles and 30k ft. for the month.

Gotta' keep the momentum up next month.

Also, these are delicious. I've tried strawberry, tropical punch, and orange so far. All of which are baller af.
    [​IMG]

AelNire likes this.
  11. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'll give them a try, Gatorade has a chocolate protein bar. That's currently my go-to.

12. SmithBerryCrunch Apr 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 29, 2016)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Went hiking at Devil's Lake State Park last weekend by myself. Was really fun and relaxing. Always a cool place to go to.

muttley likes this.
  13. muttley

They're energy gels but in gummy form. Sometimes gels don't sit well with my stomach. I've never had that problem with the Bloks.
    Click the three dots at the top right of the picture, hit "copy share URL," then post that link. Chorus does the rest.

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Ah, gotcha. Thanks! I think I was also having issues because my profile was private which I have now switched off.

15. muttley

That might have been it. Mine is public and I've never had that problem. That lake looks nice!

16. muttley

Sweet caving video. There's a some nudity at one point (6:13-6:20) in case anyone's watching at work.

17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Caves scare the shit of out me, no thanks. I'll stick to the mountains.

coleslawed and muttley like this.
  18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I haven't gone in a cave since I saw The Descent.

muttley likes this.
  19. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

need to do some hiking this summer. I meant to go a few times last summer and was never able to. also want to go kayaking this summer. haven't been kayaking in years.

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I like kayaking, I always end up renting them though cause the up-front costs for them always seem insane to me. But if I go 3-4 times a year and spend ~$150 to rent, I kind of feel like an ass for wasting money.

AelNire and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  21. NotBruce

Regular

Kayaking is fun. I went last summer for the first time, killer workout if you aren't in the best shape. I definitely want to do a lot more! I'm trying to get back in shape, but running is the bane of my existence. We have a decent amount of stuff to do here, if you have the time and are willing to drive to it.

AelNire likes this.
  22. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I listen to music with earbuds when I hike but my only friend that likes to go with me likes silence. I can't do that. I have to have noise.

muttley likes this.
  23. Minnesota can be beautiful:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

If I'm by myself, I'm with your friend, silence. Enjoy the sounds of nature. If I go with a friend/group of course I like to talk and socialize.

25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Maui can be beautiful as well. ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]