Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Outdoor Recreation Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by muttley, Mar 30, 2016.

1. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Hiking, climbing, backpacking, biking, whatever it is you do out there, discuss it here.

Prepared for this thread to flop.

KRKrummy likes this.
  2. phaynes1

Regular

this is cool. i like to hike. unfortunately, i havent since last summer. but i went to the smoky mountains then.

[​IMG]

3. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Went hiking up in the Hudson valley last fall. My first hike/camping experience. Hope to do more this year.

Vincentbiz likes this.
  4. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

5. muttley

phaynes1 likes this.
  6. phaynes1

Regular

it was a lot of fun. started raining on the way down and i definitely busted my ass a few times, haha.

7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I love playing football, basketball, beach volleyball, long boarding, skateboarding, snowboarding, wakeboarding, skim boarding, surfing, kayaking....

Lots of boarding. Yesterday was a beach volleyball day for me. First time I played in a while. I always forget how much fun it is.

Vincentbiz and muttley like this.
  8. George

Trusted Prestigious

Going hiking in Nepal in October. Hopefully going up to Annapurna base camp, about 4500 m up!

9. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

@phaynes1 busting your ass is half the fun!

muttley and phaynes1 like this.
  10. Jakobindeed Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2016)
    Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

I work on a big lake so this is right up my alley, looking to invest in a nice paddle board soon, as well as finding some new places to hike around here.

muttley and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  11. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Activity?.... Outdoors?!

[​IMG]

Forreal tho it's been forever since I've gone hiking at Red Rock here. Probably should get on it before it gets unbearably hot

KRKrummy and muttley like this.
  12. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

I like hiking, haven't really done much of it. I think I prefer walking around the woods to actual hiking though. Did that the other day with a few friends, going to try and get time off from work this summer to camp/explore

muttley likes this.
  13. muttley

Trekking poles for life. They save your knees, conserve energy that you'd normally waste balancing (seems that way for my clumsy self), and generally stop you from busting your ass haha.

phaynes1 likes this.
  14. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I like to longboard. I've lived in the mountains for 1.5 years and still have zero desire to do a hike. Took the gondola up a mountain and did the mini hike to the peak from there and that was cool though.

KRKrummy and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. Mr. Serotonin

Like this sorta shit?

KRKrummy likes this.
  16. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Haha fuck no. But we almost hit a guy doing that down one of the mountain roads last summer. I just do it casually, cruising in summer with friends and stuff. I've taken it as an alternative to biking around to get places because my towns have been small enough to do so.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  17. Mr. Serotonin

My trucks are so loose right now. Videos like this scare me. I need to find my skate tool to tighten them up so I can bomb hills more aggressively again.

18. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I just set mine up the other day after taking it apart from moving. Where I live now is so hilly that it's a bit of a chore. But I'm moving downtown Toronto soon so we'll see how well this works in the big city.

19. Mr. Serotonin

What kinda board do you ride?

20. Vincentbiz

Resident Type 1 Diabetic

This is Rad. I went to the carolinas for the first time last summer (I'm a west coast man) and totally fell in love with the areas and the scenery. I wished I had time to hike while I was down there.

phaynes1 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I've got a Land Yachtz Fiberglass Totem (this one), with Bear trucks, these sick yellow Santa Cruz Slime Balls wheels and some Reds bearings. What are you riding?

22. Mr. Serotonin

Reds bearings and Santa Cruz Slime balls are both amazing. I actually have been riding more of a cruiser right now, made by Sector Nine. It was my brothers actually, but he never used it.

When i used to skate rails/stairs/skateparks I usually rode Girl. Sometimes Element.

23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I'm a beginner backpacker. I've done a few weekend trips in Vermont (Appalachian trail segment) and Pennsylvania (oil creek state park). Hitting up a Catskills mountain loop at the end of April!

muttley and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  24. Mr. Serotonin

Whenever someone mentions the Catskills I think of the book "My Side of the Mountain". Read/listened to that book on tape so many times as a kid, haha.

25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm looking into backpacking. I've bought lots of stuff to slowly build up to it. Currently go on day hikes, but bought a light-weight tent, etc. to do a two-day/weekend hike.