Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Out of Service - Morning (March 19, 2018) Album • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Nate_Johnson Apr 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 25, 2018)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

This review has been a long time coming but it's finally here. My review of the new Out of Service record!

Out of Service is a band that contains our very own @teebs41 on guitar, Kenny Bond on drums, Brian McGovern on bass and Mike Capuano on vocals. The band does an amazing job of bringing us a mix of alt/pop rock throughout the albums 11 tracks and brings to mind acts like Mayday Parade and Emery just to name a couple. Either way, the band stands on their own feet and would sit comfortably alongside their contemporaries. There is not a bad song on the album and is sequenced perfectly so as to take us on a journey. The production is fantastic and you can hear every instrument clearly from the rhythm section, through the jangly to fuzzy guitars all the way to Mike's incredible vocals.

Morning, is the perfect song to open the album with and just from the opening riffs you know this album is going to be incredible. It is also the title of the album and fits the cover perfectly with this beautiful sun setting on this amazing coast line and makes you instantly feel good. That is what this song about: overcoming all that life has to throw at you and getting up everyday and dusting yourself off.

Just Between Us follows and the one that @teebs41 states is his favorite song and the one he is most proud of. The topic of this one is one that many people may question in this crazy world we live in right now: the existence of God and what happens to us when we are no longer here on earth.

"Can’t see the truth in the lies,
    and I’m dying, I’m dying for sight,
    This precious world that you love,
    keeps burning all around me,
    Why won’t you show up? "

The Whole World is the first song I instantly gravitated to, not only musically but lyrically. Mike stated in an interview with New Noise that the song is about depression and having to deal with it on daily basis and having put on this fake persona just to get through the day. This hits close to home for me because I have also battled with depression and anxiety and our music culture knows this all too well with the loss of some of our most revered musicians to this awful disease. I love how it comes in so soft and slow with light guitar tones and then just breaks the silence with the full band coming in. The whole song just feels very inspirational like they are fighting against this terrible demon. My favorite part is the end with guitar slowly fading out. Pillars is the contrast to this song and speaks of our friends that are there to help us when we are at our lowest.

My other favorite song on the album is The Escape and is just an all out rocker. I love Teebs fuzzed out guitar and you can just picture the band going all out with this song. The bass is great as well. This song is a continuation of story the band wrote about on the EP about a young girl escaping an abusive family. This rocking out continues into the next track, Blindly Accepting Broken Glass and is just fantastic.

The back half of the album is definitely my favorite and the run from Blindly Accepting Broken Glass through The Things We Want the Most is just amazing. The whole album could have ended with The Sun and the Sea and how it just starts out with this beautiful almost acoustic guitar and its ability to just slow things down. It is the perfect song to wake up to as the sun is rising in the morning and just appreciate how lucky we are to be alive. It is about love and in the most simplistic sense: The relationship between the Sun and Sea but can mean so much more looking a little deeper.

As I said, the whole thing could have ended there but we are treated my to one of my other favorite songs on the album, The Things We Want Most. This is the albums longest track but never feels that way and is the perfect way to close out the album. What is that thing that most us want the most? To be loved and this songs showcases this in every way possible.

I feel very honored to be able to have reviewed another album from one of our very own and I am very proud of what they have done. It is an album I will listen to consistently and can add it to my list for a possible EOTY contender. I encourage everyone to check it out if you haven't already. The band will always be welcome in North Carolina and have a place to stay when/if they come.

Kennedy, OOSbass, KBIZ and 6 others like this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow thanks so much @Nate_Johnson for the kind words! Really appreciate you checking it out!!!

3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

No worries. It was my pleasure. Great job!

JediMasterKevo182 and teebs41 like this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Hey, so we put together a playlist of all the bands/artists in the community that had music on Spotify! Here it is!

And here is the same playlist for Apple Music

Artists of Chorus.fm on Apple Music

So many amazing bands/artists in this community!

5. Heading to that OoS show in a few hours. nbd

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Can’t wait to hang! :) really appreciate you coming out.

7. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Wish I could go!

teebs41 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

9. BTDandFeelingThis

Stop what you’re doing and listen now

bachna84, teebs41 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

getting this on vinyl is starting to look very possible. People still interested?

11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Oui

teebs41 likes this.
  12. CSWAPPO

Regular

Hell. YES!!

teebs41 likes this.
  13. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

Yes!

teebs41 likes this.
  14. BTDandFeelingThis

Si

teebs41 likes this.
  15. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

16. I'll take the Chorus exclusive variant, please

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

we are playing the fire in philly tonight, we go on at midnight, if you come out I'll buy you a brewski

Bad Frequencies and CSWAPPO like this.
  18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Spotify curated a playlist for us and put us with some INCREDIBLE, bands. JAM THIS!!

19. Whale Bones and Retirement Party, sick!

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

surprised they didn't put us with more chorus bands since we had that playlist.

CSWAPPO and Bad Frequencies like this.
  21. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Dope!

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

New logo ha

23. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Fancy.

CSWAPPO, Larry David and teebs41 like this.
  24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Nice! Makes me think of the AGO one.

CSWAPPO, Bad Frequencies and teebs41 like this.
  25. BTDandFeelingThis