Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Our Last Night – “Common Ground”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Iamhollywood315

Regular

catchy single. This band had been all over the place since I originally followed them. Saw them play some generic screamo crap at a show in Vermont when Trevor was 12. Then at one point I thought they were going to become the next Underoath with their sound and then this sounds like a poppy tune with some bring me the horizon influence. I will admit its incredibly catchy. They have been stayed towards the bottom on a lot of package tours in the US over the years i'm hoping they get success with this release.

3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Not bad at all. Quite catchy indeed.

4. danskoldberg

To me, their creative peak was "We Will All Evolve".. I respect the decision to focus on cleans, they have great voices.. but they lost their unique vocal patterns when they made the transition. The melodies seem safe and careful.. I wish they weren't afraid to take more risks.. they usually do towards the end of a track.

5. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

It's a good song but like @Iamhollywood315 said before, they're all over the place with their sound. It's pretty sad when their covers have more screaming than the originals.

6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Aren't they currently on one of their biggest US headliners right now?

7. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I think they have gained some steam again but for a number of years i was always seeing their name at the bottom of them flyer on package tours and saw bands rise up above them.

8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i've found myself coming back to this lately. really like the chorus.