Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Our Lady Peace Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Mar 31, 2016.

1. NitrateDawn

Regular

Just got their full Somethingness album a day early from backing it on PledgeMusic. After a listen it's quite good!

bd007h likes this.
  2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Wait it's a full album? Not a second EP?

3. NitrateDawn

Regular

It's an album made up of the 2 EPs, resequenced. Tbh I don't really know what the point of releasing them as 2 EPs was, it was basically just 1 EP and then they never bothered to release the 2nd one on its own and just put all the tracks in album format ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bd007h likes this.
  4. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Bummer that The Fix wasn't included to make it an even 10 tracks. Album is kinda short, but I dig most of the new tracks while a few will have to grow on me a bit. Still love Nice To Meet You from the initial Vol. 1.

5. Just found that most of their discography was pressed to vinyl recently. Had no idea. Just grabbed Gravity. Bummed that HIPT is one of the few that wasn't pressed.

our lady peace

bd007h likes this.
  6. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

ugh i would've purchased that spiritual machines vinyl

KidLightning, bd007h and cshadows2887 like this.
  7. bd007h

Recently debuted a new song titled Stop Making Stupid People Famous. Not the best song title haha (although I concur haha) but the song isn't bad at all.

8. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I like that they reissued on vinyl, because any album Elvin Jones played on should be on wax.

bd007h likes this.
  9. bd007h

They just posted their full Summersault 2019 performance.

KidLightning likes this.
  10. bd007h

They are releasing a direct follow up to Spiritual Machines later this year :-O

NitrateDawn likes this.
  11. NitrateDawn

Regular

Woah! Probably my favorite record of theirs so that’s super exciting

bd007h likes this.
  12. bd007h

Second to Happiness for me, probably, but it's close. Stoked for this!

christsizedshoes likes this.
  13. SVXDan83

Regular

Probably an even split for me b/w Happiness and Spiritual Machines. Both those albums were staples of my High School life! IMHO, the band was never the same after Mike Turner left and Arnold Lanni dropped off as producer. I think Gravity and Healthy In Paranoid Times had their moments. But, they never should have put Bob Rock at the helm to produce once let alone twice!

So, I'm not sure how I feel about a Spiritual Machines II without Mike Turner & Jeremy Taggert being in the band now and (presumably) Arnold Lanni not being part of the production team?

bd007h likes this.
  14. bd007h

Yeah I'm cautiously optimistic. We'll have to see how the clips they share on the 20th are.

15. bd007h Aug 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 5, 2020)
    bd007h

I thought Curve was possibly their best album since Spirtual Machines but then Somethingness was a step back.

16. NitrateDawn

Regular

I really like them both. Curve felt like they had finally found their post-Mike Turner sound and Somethingness was a pretty solid continuation of that IMO. Even if it's not as good as Curve I still like it more than anything else since Spiritual Machines

bd007h likes this.
  17. bd007h

I probably like Burn Burn better than Somethingness aside from a few tracks, to be honest.

But Nice To Meet you is probably the best track on either.

18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

curve was so good

bd007h likes this.
  19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

can't get excited about our lady peace without jeremy taggart but maybe i'll get over it for "spiritual machines 2"

bd007h likes this.
  20. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Still never really listened to anything post-Gravity after almost 20 years, but yeah, Happiness and Machines were head and shoulders above the rest at that time

bd007h likes this.
  21. thewmaynes

http://johnnymainstream.bandcamp.com

I really like Burn Burn, probably my 4th favorite.

Excited for SM2, might not be as good as 1 but I’ve still enjoyed everything they’ve put out.

bd007h likes this.
  22. bd007h

Loved Jeremy, but Jason Pierce is no slouch either.

23. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

..... looks around ...

Gravity is my favorite OLP album

Elder Lightning and bd007h like this.
  24. bd007h

Underrated for sure but not my favorite.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  25. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

It's a very good album and I absolutely LOVED it at the time. It's about on the same level as Spiritual Machines for me in their second tier of albums, with Happiness and Clumsy being the top tier.

bd007h likes this.