Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Our Lady Peace Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Mar 31, 2016.

1. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Looks like Jason Pierce is the official replacement for Jeremy Taggart on drums. Previously drummed for Paramore and Treble Charger.

2. bd007h

debuted a new song live over the weekend called "Drop Me In The Water". Digging it :thumbup:

3. bd007h

new single "Drop Me In The Water" out on the 18th. New album "Somethingness" to be released in the form of two EP volumes later this year.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  4. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Saw these give on Halloween and they played this song. Sounded great.

bd007h likes this.
  5. bd007h

Just heard a poor quality radio rip of the studio version of the song and it rocks harder than anything they've released in years, aside from Heavyweight.

6. skurt

They put on a great live show. I Mother Earth performed with there original vocalist and they were amazing to. OLP decorated the stage since it was halloween, one of the guys was dressed as a storm trooper.

bd007h likes this.
  7. bd007h

Yeah I've seen them 3 times. Most recently in 2014. They are playing in my area again on October 21 and I'm hoping to go.

8. skurt

Lookign forward to the studio version of Drop me in the water, it was great live.

9. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I didn't know anyone outside of Canada actually listened to this band, neato

OLP and the Matthew Good Band used to rip up Canadian radio in the late 90s

10. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This is great news!

bd007h likes this.
  11. abw123

Trusted

In 2015 they were playing a new song called The Fix in concert that I thought was great.......hopefully that will be on one of these EP's too

bd007h likes this.
  12. bd007h

Living in Rochester, NY I've been a huge fan for 20 years.

truelovewaits likes this.
  13. bd007h

Volume 1 out next friday!

14. Larry David

Yeah they've still got quite the following here

bd007h likes this.
  15. NitrateDawn

Regular

Very excited for this. Curve was their best album since Spiritual Machines, so I'm hoping they continue the hot streak. And hoping Won't Turn Back wasn't indicative of the direction of these EPs haha.

bd007h likes this.
  16. abw123

Trusted

Hated Curve. Only album they've ever done I didn't like.....

17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

curve was awesome

bd007h likes this.
  18. NitrateDawn

Regular

I can't even imagine being a fan of their older records and not thinking Curve was the best thing they'd done in a decade haha. They finally stopped sounding like they were trying to get on the radio and the guitarist finally found his own distinct voice, IMO. To each their own though!

bd007h likes this.
  19. Larry David

Here to support Curve. Such a great record. The stuff from it sounded great live too

bd007h likes this.
  20. bd007h

Available to download today for those who pre-ordered the album. Will be officially released tomorrow. Volume 1 of Somethingness out next week.

21. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

New song is incredible

bd007h likes this.
  22. skurt

Sounds great. Sounded great live on halloween to

bd007h likes this.
  23. NitrateDawn

Regular

Thoughts on the EP? I'm liking it, they sound just as creatively invigorated as on Curve even if it's not quite that level. Raine's vocals are very hit or miss, but it feels so good to hear him hit that falsetto on Hiding Place For Hearts haha. Definitely has me excited for the 2nd half

bd007h likes this.
  24. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Only had one listen, while working, but I liked them. The first song gave me Cold War Kids vibes and the second gave me some U2 vibes, neither of which are bad things.

I need to go back through their discography soon, I've listened to everything but I kind of fell off after Gravity even though I loved that album.

bd007h likes this.
  25. bd007h

Hiding Place For Hearts has some of the best vocals from Raine in years.