Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ought - Room Inside The World (February 16, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Nov 1, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

[​IMG]

Contender likes this.
  2. cwhit

ought goes future islands? i'm not sure i'm that into this song...

3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I've always had trouble getting into this band proper, but I always liked some of their stuff. I'll have to check the single.

4. cwhit

i'd say this is very different than the last two albums. really does sound just like future islands. still love the previous two LPs

5. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I think I like this but I'm not sure

6. skoopy

Regular

I was hoping they would double down on the Beautiful Blue Sky sound but I actually really enjoyed this. Not super original (bassline definitely reminiscent of Future Islands), but this band has a knack for creating highly enjoyable tracks regardless of style and I always love the vocals.

7. cwhit

8. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I like all their stuff, and love some of it. these first two singles are good. nothing as good as Habit or Beautiful Blue Sky yet.

9. Importer/Exporter

also how the hell didn't i know Tim put out a solo record last year

10. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

out there

excited to listen

11. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

It’s pretty awesome. I especially love the vibe of the first half; it feels pretty new for them.

12. cwhit

interesting

13. cwhit

i don't know if i like this very much. the record sounds really great but i'm not sure i like the songs very much. it's pretty much pure art rock, which isn't a bad thing, but the songs lack hooks and nothing necessarily pulls me in. definitely going to give it more time though

14. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I love it. It took about 4 listens to really sink in, but it’s pretty much all I want to listen to at the moment.

15. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

This is amazing so far

16. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

holy shit, Desire is incredible...where is everybody on this one

17. Tomar Re

Regular

Haven’t listened to the whole album yet but “desire” is so good. Might be the best I’ve heard from them overall. It’s just been on repeat all day

Joel likes this.
  18. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

i like this record and the direction they've gone in, but at the same time, i've listened to Sun Coming Down 5 times in the past 24 hours and that record is currently being cemented as an all-time favorite so i don't think i quite give a shit about the new one yet

cwhit likes this.
  19. cwhit

Sun coming down is so gooooooood

20. Importer/Exporter

Holy shit Desire is so great

21. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

interesting to hear you say that. to me "Desire" and "Disgraced" are both really immediate and hooky, i would say the album has a lot of entryways and grounding despite being a bit more exploratory overall. very melodic drums, keys help keep the album rooted and on track in a very catchy way. i honestly found it so melodic at points that it started to remind me of stuff like grizzly bear haha.

22. cwhit

disgraced was an immediate hit for me. this just needs a lot more time with me because it is very different from the last. it's very very carefully crafted and i hear it but it absolutely needs time to sink in

Cody likes this.
  23. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

yeah, I totally get not being into it, but when you said it wasn't very hooky I expected there to not be a lot to latch on to here and was pleasantly surprised at how melodic it was

24. cwhit

there aren't songs like "made for miles" or "today more than any other day" or "beautiful blue sky" that are immediate earworms, this is definitely melodic but less singalong imo.

25. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't listened to the first LP in a long ass time and never listened to the second one, will change that based on how much I like this one and see if I agree