Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Other Finch Members Release Statement About Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Nick Martin

There are no answers. Only choices.

I wasn't aware that Randy had moved on some time ago. As Finch shared on Facebook, Randy's started a new project called Haunted Houses. It turns out that it's a partnership with Jamison Covington (blast from the past).

The announcement was posted back in June on Covington's Twitter page:

Their first single is also on Bandcamp: Looking Backwards, by Haunted Houses

2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

can someone give me the lowdown on Santi? is it worth a listen?

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

It's essentially a zag when their base wanted a zig, or complacency. Same Blood is the only song that feels like it leaves off from Almost Here. I haven't listened to it in a while, but it's a pretty creative pop rock album. There's some good stuff on it, but it's overall not as accessible as Almost Here.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  4. septimus

I like Santi. There's some really cool ideas on that record. There's a bonus track called Ghost that has a really awesome intro.

After the Last Midtown show is a really great song, but ever since I noticed the echo on the vocals, it's all I can pay attention to while listening to that song, so I usually end up playing the live acoustic version. Coppertone is another great one on that record. The chorus might be my favourite chorus ever, especially the last one with the extra chunk added.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. Yeah, there are plenty of songs out there with more reverb than I'd prefer. "Coppertone" is definitely my other favorite from the record though :)

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

This is exactly what I thought about the band June lol.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Found the youtube videos they mention. They are more pop oriented than anything they've ever done.

Raku likes this.
  8. Schmohawk

Eat Snickers, leave garbage.

If we're talking other flops from this scene, I'd like to throw (actually another 2005'er) into the mix, From Autumn to Ashes' turd-in-the-punchbowl third record, Abandon Your Friends.

9. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

Oh god. You went there.

SHTS is my favourite Finch album. WIITB is a scene classic no doubt but the sound was definitely getting played out for me. They offered up something different on SHTS. Its definitely had mre lasting power on me that WIITB.

I didnt really pay much attntion to what the scene was saying at the time so the poor response kind of went over my head. I just knew i loved it.

The breakup doesnt really surprise me given the lackluster return. All excitement seemed to completely die after the WIITB anniversary tours. But was hoping that the last album was just their warm up (like TBS on their self titled) but have to say,as someone who was a HUGE Finch fan. Even i couldnt get too excited about it.

10. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Coppertone was my fav from that album. Probably one of my favorite songs of theirs, but it was stuck in the middle of a mediocre album.

11. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

Yoo we're talking about the academy is in this thread? Santi was a great album. The guitar sounds on it were excellent

12. walshknilb281

Armor for Sleep-Smile for them, what a let down

13. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Don't forget The Ataris Welcome the Night. Personally i love the album but it did undoubtedly hurt their (Kris Roe's) career. Dude lives out of an RV now.

14. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

The tone of this message makes them all seem like dicks, and the story they tell makes Nate seem like a dick. Yay! They're all unlikeable!

15. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

If I didn't explicitly know they were Finch songs, I'd have guessed Hoobastank made a comeback.

16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Not a bad album though, I dig it.

Matt504 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  17. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

He would be so easy to replace. Why did they deal with him for over a decade?

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That record is amazing are you kidding me? Sugar Wolf man! You're crazy kid.

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I highly disagree. Even Daniel agrees, Nate is Finch. His voice is too distinct.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Same. It's not anywhere nearly as good as WTDWYD but it wasn't garbage.

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Dude Santi is incredible. I can't recommend it enough. It's literally like Black Keys and TAI had a baby. It's great but their fanbase wanted more of what they did on their debut. Go figure. It's exactly how a majority of Finch's fanbase reacted to SHTS only to later get it but it's too late.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  22. xburningcoffin

KC

Gotta go with Yellowcard - Lights and Sounds, although the title track is still fantastic the rest is pretty underwhelming

23. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Dude, I love WTN so much. It's one of my favorite albums of all time and it bums me to no end that it flopped. I even love the 4 songs Kris released a few months back from the "forthcoming" album. I really wish he would just get it over with or enlighten us about what's actually going on with him. Sad situation all around with an incredibly talented (if controversial) dude.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  24. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Emanuel - Black Earth Tiger. I'm pretty sure that album killed all of their momentum. Their debut Soundtrack to a Headrush was awesome and highly praised as well.

25. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Man, I think I love every album people are saying are sophomore slumps in this thread. I know it's mostly in terms of commercial success, but I'm gonna build a nice playlist later.