Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Other Finch Members Release Statement About Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 20, 2016.

1. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I was one of the few fans that loved and appreciated that album right from the start, which made it that much more devastating when that band decided to take a step back for their sound and released that garbage "Fast Times" album. The whole thing, minus one song or two, was just cringeworthy. Anyways, sucks that fans never gave "Santi" a chance.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  2. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

Yeah. It is right up there with A Static Lullaby's 'Faso Latido'.

GhostOverground and LightsOut like this.
  3. Saephon

Regular

I feel like nothing will be able to top Transit's Young New England.

4. Funny. It was around the same time, 2011 I think, when I found used copies of both Santi and Fast Times at a used entertainment store. I fell in love with both. They're almost equals in my book, but I still fall on the side of the Fast Times (even though I think "Paper Chase" is the worst song in their discography). I think "After the Last Midtown Show" deserves to be considered one of the all-time great emo songs, and I still attribute that album with having the strongest pre-choruses from the top-to-bottom of an album that I've ever heard.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  5. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Taking Back Sunday's Where You Want to Be might be worth discussing in that conversation.

Though, I am not sure it was a "flop" so much as just a follow up to a colossal debut.

6. LightsOut

Regular

Thats the best tbs album

Ryan likes this.
  7. ARo24

Regular

That album was huge what are you talking about.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  8. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but i thought all of the reviews chopped it up as something close but not as great.

Don't get me wrong, I liked it. I still go back to it from time to time.

9. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Are you crazy? That album was huge and so, so good.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Where You Want To Be was a major success with Louder Now being the peak after.
    Only shit track on WYWTB? Bonus Mosh Pit. That. Song. Sucks.

11. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Agreed. Like,
    Yeah WYWTB is phenomenal, blows TAYF away easily

12. dzyjay

Regular

Transit - YNE comes to mind for sure (even though I like that album). They were such a solid band releasing so much great material and definetly on the rise. A lot of people had eyes on them to do something huge and after that album it was just over. Crazy to think about how people viewed transit in 2011 and how they ended up.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  13. jba

It did get some negative reviews--the one-star Punknews one comes to mind--but it sold too many copies to be considered a flop.

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Thanks for having my back but duuuuude that song is great, really fun live too

heymattrick and mattylikesfilms like this.
  15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It just sounds like a local band who loves TBS got professionally recorded to me lol. Also I'll never forget when I made my parents keep FUSE on to watch the TBS debut the new song live and fuhhhhhh it was bad. My dad was laughing and said "really Matt? Ok". Maybe that memory ruined the song for me? hah

Bryan Diem likes this.
  16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Hahaha, great story, that would definitely kill it for me. It's not like they're good live either.

17. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Cartel's follow up to Chroma is mine. They were -the- band in that time and the follow up bombed hard.

Michael Schmidt and Jason Tate like this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I remember watching the performance a few years back on youtube and oof... it's awful. Fred even sounds like garbage and that's rare.

Side note: listening to "The Decay" off WOV. So so good.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  19. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

TSL's Based On A True Story as well?

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The band that can uniquely say that Dr. Pepper caused their downfall.

quietwords likes this.
  21. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I've been on this site too long. There's a hilarious Jason Tate review of that album floating around somewhere. Best quote: "Ashley Simpson wrote 'New American Classic'". Ah, 2004....

22. dzyjay

Regular

Neighbourhoods would be another choice. Lol jk

23. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I actually enjoyed Santi, I think the majority of the fans they had thought it was way to big of a change...

24. I loved it at the time as well.

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Regarding Santi:

I "hated" the Academy Is in middle school and all I had listened to was Santi. Then my 7th grade girlfriend of all people convinced me to listen to Almost Here and I've loved the Academy Is ever since. But now I've gone back to appreciate Santi so much. Such a fun creative album. If we're never getting a new TAI album id love at least a 10 year show for Santi (maybe even a one off Riot Fest show - I don't see why not haha).