Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Oso Oso - The Yunahon Mixtape (January 13, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jan 13, 2017.

1. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

fewer spaces to hide in / greater expectation to interact with people who are neither strangers nor friends / a lot more clique-iness

bedwettingcosmo and teebs41 like this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i disagree about the greater expectation part, it is what you make it, it's your own expectations if you imagine it differently. it's still just a venue

3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Packed house shows are wayyyy more anxiety-inducing for me than p much any other shows, tbh. They can be a lot of fun to play but I very rarely have fun watching them.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  4. cwhit

i'm not someone who generally interacts with people i don't know but i'm also someone fine talking to and being around people? like when i saw for everest and be still cody at a house show where everyone knew each other and i actively didn't like a bunch of people there (though knew a few band members) i just sat outside and walked around a bit when the bands weren't on. i still don't see it any differently than any other show where there are groups of people hanging around and i'm by myself and it's in close quarters, at least the performances are usually better since you're right up with the band rather than 500 feet away

5. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I only like arena shows where I have an actual seat. Also you know the band is good if they are playing in a arena where a house show there are probably mostly bad bands

6. cwhit

i'm also just really good at avoiding speaking to people i know who i don't want to speak to. maybe it's because i'm just a dick, haha.

NERD!!!!

i luv the d plan

nothingsforeverdude likes this.
  7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I've seen Oso Oso twice in house show setting and they are both tied for my favorite house shows ever

8. cwhit

i saw oso oso in the radio station in a show i booked that i had to dig myself out of a blizzard to get to lol

and then the hotelier tour with them was good

also this just reminds me how i was going to see the hotelier right before home came out with state lines but my ride bailed, there were like 5 people at that show pretty sure

Ugly Mug likes this.
  9. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I almost saw that tour too, I really wanted that for pressing of Home :(

actually p sure mineral girls opened that show too, long before I was a member

10. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Jade did his first tour as Osoosooso with the hotelier almost immediately after Home came out and there was no one at that show in chicago either.

11. cwhit

same tour p sure, he did some oso dates and some state lines dates
    p sure that tour averaged about 10 people per show haha, look how far they've both come

Ugly Mug likes this.
  12. Snoblin

It was really sick. I never listened to State Lines before that show, but I love that band now too.

It always happens after or right before they break up. ;-;

13. Snoblin

Does anyone still listen to that first oso oso release?

14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Idk how to find house shows I'm welcome at, not super social and I guess I'd have to use Facebook more??
    This is a big fear of mine, figure more intimate setting makes it more likely I'll have to talk to strangers and I'm awful at that but also I still want to experience it lol
    I'm taking it under consideration, most likely I'm gonna go.

Ugly Mug likes this.
  15. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

This has been getting much more regular play from me now that it's on Spotify, really really liking it.

16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Not to be a dick, but talking to strangers is an inherent part of being a member of society. I'm sure not the best at it, but I wouldn't have a day job if I didn't at least try

Also who knows? You might make a friend with the same music taste as u ;-p

17. cwhit

ehhhh i get some people have anxieties about being around people and more introverted personalities and you can't look down on them because they get their energy from different places and feel more uncomfortable than you in different situations

everyone socializes differently

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Occasionally, it's still a fun listen. Doesn't touch the other two releases though

19. cwhit

i have a couple very early demos of two songs from the first oso release haha. i was talking to michael crino (who runs soft speak records) and he sent me a few before the project was even officially announced. really cool looking back at them

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I agree with that.

I guess shows aren't as much of a safe space as they used to be-- people come for different reasons or w/e-- but I figure at a house show, everyone should be there for the music. I've honestly only been to like 3 in my life so I can't really say

21. Snoblin

I mean. The socializing that exists within the realm of a house show is on a completely different level than that of a venue show. Goofier shit happens at house shows. You are in a completely different environment which allows for things to happen differently. I think it's a lot easier to become comfortable at a house show than it is at a venue show because it is easier to communicate and form bonds with people you don't know. I agree that doing so is a form of adversity for me, and even more so for others, but the reward for those bonds is great.

I could write a book on all of the inside jokes I've been pulled in on thanks to house shows.

OotyPa likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

havn't been to a house show in years! doesn't mean I wouldn't go to one if the right bands showed up

23. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

disliking talking to strangers ≠ being unable to talk to strangers

cwhit and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  24. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Well, I listened to Reindeer Games and now I'm going to have to hear the whole thing because that song is awesome.

25. MegT585

Trusted

Somehow just now checked out this album. I am hooked. I have a feeling it is going to be on repeat for a while.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.