Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Oso Oso - Basking in the Glow (August 16, 2019) Album • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, May 22, 2019.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Legit forgot this was happening but very happy there are still tix lol

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

If I wasn't gonna be on vacation then I would absolutely be there

3. atlas

Trusted

lol at the idiots that didn't grab tix to the SOLD OUT SubT gig. wait a second. it's me. I am the idiot

Cameron likes this.
  4. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

this is disappointing

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Bro

6. fuck sake

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like with the way TFB handled the situation, that is by keeping the abuser in the band for many months after the situation was made aware to them, would make people NOT want to tour with TFB. Like, if the way they handled that allegation is to ignore the survivor for months, whose to say they won’t do the same when it happens again on tour,

Carrow likes this.
  8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The point I’m trying to make is that I haven’t seen anything from TFB which shows that they intend to do more to make their shows as safe of a place as possible. I remember Modern Baseball set up a system where if someone felt uncomfortable at a show they could text a number and someone would immediately come assist with what is going on. Something like that would be at least somewhat assuring that TFB actually cares about the safety of their fans, but that seems unlikely here.

Carrow likes this.
  9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Incredibly disappointing

Carrow likes this.
  10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Unfortunately the way TFB “addressed” the situation sounds like they resolved it properly. If you’re not following condimentcutie on Twitter then you don’t know the full story. Of course, TFB didn’t direct anyone to their statements because it contradicts what they said. It’s similar to the Pinegrove situation.

I’ll try to reach out to them on Twitter, and I would encourage others to do the same, and maybe we’ll get some kind of response.

11. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Based on the way TFB tried to cover it up, I highly doubt Oso knows literally anything about what happened. Still disappointing, though.

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I was thinking that but the survivor made their voice pretty loud on Twitter and their post(s) about the situation got thousands of likes and many retweets. Someone part of the general emo scene would likely have come across those tweets, let alone someone who has a platform and is more “in the know” in the scene like Oso Oso. I think the reality is he just doesn’t find the situation to be serious enough to not tour with TFB, which sucks.

13. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I dont follow TFB or like them but I totally forgot that happened, I don't think its unlikely that Oso Oso isn't aware

14. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

great show last night. they sounded so tight was fantastic to finally see live.

RedDotRecording and astereo like this.
  15. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Snoblin and Haruni like this.
  16. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Oso and Vinnie Caruana are doing an acoustic show a mile away in Long Beach for 150 folks. Scooped tickets last night, very excited. Hometown show for both dudes, should be great.

17. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

This record has really grown on me the past few years

RedDotRecording likes this.
  18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Fun (and very intimate) acoustic set on Friday right in my town (and Jade's hometown too). The highlight of the show was Jade's family—parents, aunts, uncles—belting out every song. You could tell they were so stoked on it.

Setlist from what I can remember was (not in order):

the view
    basking in the glow (lil video)
    reindeer games
    great big beaches
    New Song (no name given)
    4-5x State Lines songs (including Cancer, Cheers Belmonte, and Hoffman Manor)

IMG_8387.JPG

19. I'd love to hear those State Lines songs live again. That album is really special.

Drewski and WashedOut like this.
  20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

So I didn't grow up in Long Beach, NY but I did grow up 20 minutes away and now own a home here. I fell in love with Oso during the Yunahon era and had no clue he was from Long Beach. Once I found that out it somehow managed to take my admiration up for the album even more.

Hoffman Manor is actually the name of a senior citizen's home on the boardwalk. They removed the signage on the side and have made it a little nicer, but most of the time it was old folks speeding up their death on the boardwalk...wheelchair-bound with oxygen tanks chainsmoking cigs. A truly ridiculous visual.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  21. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Cancer and Cheers, Belmonte? My god that would've been special

22. WashedOut

State Lines > Oso

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Avery from Retirement Party covered One Sick Plan last night

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

5Stories and astereo like this.
  25. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

new song will be up on streaming services at midnight, called pensacola. already up over here in the uk