Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Oso Oso - Basking in the Glow (August 16, 2019) Album • Page 21

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, May 22, 2019.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I’m going to be so exhausted by the end of this show.

It’ll be my 3rd time seeing ManOrch, 6th or 7th time seeing Foxing, and first time seeing Oso I’m very excited!

2. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Fuck yes, just got my ticket for MA. First time seeing Oso Oso and Foxing. Couldn't pass this line up up.

3. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Great show tonight

SlappinCups likes this.
  4. atlas

Trusted

Ye they were really good tonight. I guess I wish their drummer would hit a little bit harder though? Idk I might be nitpicking

5. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

what an amazing album. already I’ve almost listened to this album as much as yunahon...and I liked yunahon! but I love this.

my favorite for the last week or so has been a morning song.

6. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Yeah I thought there’d be no way I’d love this album even as much as Yunahon, let alone more, but here we are lol.

sonder likes this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah this hasn’t left my rotation. Whole album is superb, but I love the stretch of Dig/One Sick Plan/A Morning Song.

8. Noradrenaline

Regular

I'm still spinning this. Love it so much. A Morning Song, Basking in the Glow and Charlie are some of my favourite songs this year.

Our show this Saturday has turned into a two-day emo-festival. I'm sooo excited! So many friends will be there and I'm expecting the vibe to be amazing. We'll see if I bust out a hit for the karaoke.

[​IMG]

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I love your lifestyle are so good

Slangster likes this.
  10. Noradrenaline

Regular

Yes! It will be my first time seeing them actually, even though they play here regularly. Looking forward to their show too!

11. Noradrenaline

Regular

So, this night came and unfortunately went. Oso Oso were amazing and I got a nice chat with Jade. Spoke about The Hotelier most of the time.

Attached Files:

sonder and SpookinCups like this.
  12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing these in Birmingham, UK next week, in a really cool bar basement venue. Sold out and only 120 cap so it's gonna be sweaty as hell.

Prince Daddy are supporting but I need to get into them.

SpookinCups likes this.
  13. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Currently listening to this for the first time. Digging it on first listen but the effects on "one sick plan" really make me uncomfortable as I have tinnitus and it just made me feel anxious. The faint static and cutting-out vocals is how is exactly how I perceive sounds sometimes when a sound is slightly too loud and it felt super uncomfortable to be in that songs "world". Kept restarting the previous song to make sure it wasnt just my tinnitus acting up, but it's definitely one of the filters of that specific song as everything else felt fine :(

Everything else has been a dream so far, which makes me happy, but sad that there's probably gonna be a song I'm gonna have to always skip (which is a good song writing wise too, dang).

Anyway, back to listening. Been loving everything else so far but I had to share this experience

14. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Okay, "impossible game" rules so hard

gonz (Alex) and Micah511 like this.
  15. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

dang that sucks bc imo that’s one of the absolute best songs on it

bachna84, EmmanuelSCastle and Iago like this.
  16. sorry to hear that, hopefully a good live version will show up one day and you'll be able to properly enjoy it. maybe like an audiotree version or something will happebn

WasEmoRocknowImjustold and Iago like this.
  17. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I had the same kind of experience with that track as well. (I have mild hyperacusis) Also unfortunate because I think it's my favorite on the record.

The effect is definitely amplified when you are wearing headphones, so I tend to listen to this record exclusively on speakers where I am free to walk around and take in environmental sounds.

Iago likes this.
  18. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I was wearing headphones in a quiet room, so it defininely simulated the experience. I'll try the album again with speakers soon :]

Snoblin likes this.
  19. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

This is still top-3 of the year for me, and it might take the the top spot.

JBoch, Noradrenaline, astereo and 4 others like this.
  20. Jim

Trusted Supporter

sonder, teebs41 and StuffinCups like this.
  21. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

you can also download them for free

sonder likes this.
  22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They were fantastic tonight in Chicago. Missed them when they came on their headliner so I am very glad they came back on this tour.

23. who else has spent AT LEAST half of their 2019 singing "my eyes lit up when i saaaaawww it"

24. yes I know thats not technically possible since this came out in august or whatever

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I wish this record resonated with me more.