Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Oso Oso - Basking in the Glow (August 16, 2019) Album • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, May 22, 2019.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This is definitely my favorite record of his. I love yunahon but it was a major grower. This hit immediately and every listen reveals something else I like.

2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This is just pure joy for me every time I listen. Perfect late summer music.

astereo and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Yunahon makes me sad cause it reminds me of community college. Excited for this album to make me sad cause it’ll remind me of senior year

astereo and teebs41 like this.
  4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Starting to think that Yunahon has more “moments” but this works better as an album

Not that I don’t love both

danielm123 likes this.
  5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Father of the Bride, i,i, Young Enough, and this are all AOTY contenders for me.

6. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Really digging this album so far after a handful of listens. I do wish the mix was a bit more dynamic. Every chorus is sublime, so why not try to make them pop a bit more? Same for when the instrumental outro to Dig really kicks in. I listen to plenty of Lo-Fi but this is kinda different, this would really lend itself to production with more pop. Unless it's just Spotify?

7. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

The first album I think of when listening to Basking in the Glow = Everything in Transit.

Just one killer singalong pop-rock melody after another. And not to bring it up again but the ridiculously shiny production of Everything in Transit would serve Basking in the Glow well (although in keeping with Oso Oso's vintage/scene, production even meeting halfway between this album and Everything in Transit would probably work best).

jorbjorb likes this.
  8. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

“I’m feeling cynical, it all feels so subliminal”

this is stuck in my brain

9. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

There have been a bunch of solid albums released in the last week or two but this is all I want to listen to

10. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Looks like usps has no idea where my record is. Was supposed to be delivered on Monday, now it doesn’t even show a facility / current location, just that it is within the USPS network. Anyone experience this before?

11. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Yes, with my last 1975 record pre order. It was around Christmas and took like 3.5 weeks. I called USPS and they put in a claim for it. It had been sitting st my post office the whole time unscannned and I think I got it a day or two later.

Did you ship media mail?

12. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Yeah it was media mail. I guess I’ll give them a call now to get them started on it. Thanks!

13. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’m normally a grouch about lo-fi mixes for this reason but I like what they did production-wise on this album. It’s a very clean mix, especially for the genre

ChiliTacos and OotyPa like this.
  14. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Obvious album of the year

15. atlas

Trusted

Pretty wild that Impossible Game isn't even in the top 10 on Oso's spotify right now. Guess that happens when every single song on the album is a banger

16. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

"Something's a little off now, nothing's ever right. I got two souls fighting for the same spotlight."

17. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Still my favourite on the album.

18. yung_ting

Trusted

the end of Dig is so hard

19. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

One Sick Plan is kind of perfect and needs a little more love

20. I really hope he does it solo on this tour

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  21. atlas

Trusted

He said somewhere on twitter he was gonna play 5 from this, 5 from Yunahon, 4 from Real Stories, and the 2 singles from last year. At first I was like cool but now I'm bummed he's only gonna play half the album lol

22. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

This is amazing. I'm sure it's been said, like Saves The Day mixed with Your Favorite Weapon. Listened to their earlier stuff and liked it but it didn't hit. This whole album is just awesomesauce.

Fletchaaa and teebs41 like this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

this has a shot at my AOTY which is really cool bc a lot of great stuff has come out this year

24. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

That hook in "the view" is just ridiculously catchy.

25. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I constantly have like 4 songs from this stuck in my head.