Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Oscar Nominations Announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The complete list of 2017 Oscar nominations have been announced. La La Land leads the pack with 14 nominations, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor and Best Actress.

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I just realized how few new movies I watched last year. Literally haven't seen any of these movies. Yikes. Manchester did look good though. Curious about La La Land too.

Raku likes this.
  3. transrebel59

Regular

Bold prediction: LaLaLand only wins 5 awards

4. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Good for you, Andrew Garfield. It's about time.

5. goation

Regular

please Arrival for best pic, cinematography, and scor... oh wait nvm on that last one. Such bs. There was plenty of original music but because it borrowed one piece it's not qualified?

6. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Saw Manchester last night, very good, so fucking sad

CMilliken likes this.
  7. CMilliken

Trusted

Kinda want to see La La Land kill it. Wouldn't mind seeing Hacksaw get some stuff too. Really liked those two.

Hoping Kubo wins the animated one. Really awesome movie.

8. CMilliken

Trusted

Can't wait to see this one. There isn't a theater within 50 miles of me playing this one. I'll probably end up buying it.

9. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

I feel like an ass whenever I tell someone how boring it was to me! I'm like, dude, all my friends are always that bummed out.. so it was nothing intriguing to watch

ianzandi likes this.
  10. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I can see how it could be boring to some, Kenneth Lonergan's films drag on in the best way. Lots of walking around shots and what not.

Also love Kubo

11. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Would love to see Denzel and/or Viola win for Fences. The acting was so strong in the film, and Viola Davis unsurprisingly delivered a powerhouse performance.