Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Orphan Black (BBC America) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 10, 2016.

1. this show is back and I love it. I didn't even dislike last season much, but this one is definitely off to a stronger start.

2. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

As someone who has an Irish parent and is English, I can safely say they accent isn't that. And if it was at all Canadian it wouldn't sound more fake cockney like it does. It may be less noticeable to Americans (hey, I'm sure there's some god awful English attempts at American accents), but they are really awful accents. The bit in the first season where one of clones that isn't Sarah (I forget her name) does a 'bad' version of the accent and Felix corrects her, it's pretty hilarious.

3. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

All of this. I wonder how long we can keep getting these Beth snippets. The surveillance was a clever way to keep it going.

4. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Felix's is great. You could count on one hand the amount of times he's done something over the course of four series that didn't sound quite right.

Sarah's is pretty poor, and it's bizarre because she did Rachel pretty well. Which kind of makes me think it's an intentional mixture of two accents, also because she's an amazing actress and it would be uncharacteristic for her to be so off, but on the other hand it sounds like a really bad attempt at Cockney. Happily I've been able to overlook it.

5. forgot to mention that I love the Beth flashbacks

6. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

What if Beth isn't dead and it was another clone that jumped in front of the train for her?

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

whoa
    what if MK is beth
    they haven't shown any of the immediate leadup to the train jump yet, so...

8. that would be such a terrible plot development. it cheapens much of the series whenever they start bringing back dead characters. I love the flashbacks though

9. JoshShulkin

Regular Supporter

Ever since like season 2 fans have been hoping Beth has been secretly alive, and I agree that it would cheapen the show a lot. I mean, the whole show really started because Beth died, so i don't really get what bringing her back would accomplish.

10. Matt

I hope she is dead too. Her character is great though and I am loving the flashbacks.

11. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Donnie and Alison telling Cosima about Leekie was such a perfect scene

12. Stuff with Alison and Donnie is always so tonally different from the other sestras' storylines; as much as I enjoy watching them, they've usually been my least favorite part of the show, if only because I'm more emotionally invested in Sarah, Cosima, and Helena. Bringing Helena into their household really refreshes their dynamic. And it's always nice when what they're up to actually adds to the main storyline. Yeah, their scene with Cosima was so perfect.

lightning13 likes this.
  13. This season is amazing so far.

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Caught up for now, I'm sure I'll fall behind again soon haha

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

wild episode

16. Oh hey four full episodes are on youtube.

17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Tonight's episode was so good. Donnie and Krystal were amazing together. Plus the two wtf moments for too completely different reasons. We're getting closer and closer to finding out what's going on with Kira, I can't wait to see what it is.

P.S. Cosima made me cry tonight.

18. Liz

Ew, David

Krystal though :crylaugh:

So interested in Kira's storyline this season. Also, I need Helena to come back asap

19. Meerkat

This episode was everything the show does best. I can't believe it's season 4 and there are still so many combinations of characters we still haven't seen together

20. Dodge725

Trusted

Holy shit. This show continues to impress. The development of Beth this season has been incredible.

21. That was one rollercoaster of an episode. Hell, it's been a rollercoaster of a season. Poor Cosima, that was a lot to take in quick succession.

22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Man, this episode got so intense at the end.

23. Liz

Ew, David

I just want to give Cosima a big hug :verysad:

24. Meerkat

Yeah that ending sequence going between Beth and Cosima and Sarah was one of the best the show's ever done

morgantayler likes this.
  25. Matt

Goddamn that was an emotionally taxing episode. The previous one as well. The scenes where Cosimo is told that Delphine was shot and killed, and the scene where she finds out from Fe that she's alive just wrecked me emotionally.