Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Origami Angel - Gami Gang (April 30, 2021) Album • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Everybody else is fuckin’ ludicrous

jkauf, Philll and Anthony_ like this.
  2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

there's something comforting about how wholesome this album is, after the year we've just had. perfect soundtrack for the weather getting warmer and being able to see friends again due to the vaccine

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The only thing I didn’t like about the Fork review was how they felt it was “darker” lyrically than SC, but I disagree. There’s some very positive moments on this than rock the fuck out.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Or maybe it was the stereogum interview that stated that?

5. soggytime

Trusted

Yep this is my favorite record of the year thus far

Jim likes this.
  6. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I definitely think it is 'realer' and thus darker. Somewhere city is very much an idealized fantasy, creating a place where all of the things that bring you joy coexist and letting yourself be happy. GG has both elements of that and realer, more self deprecating ones (plus it was written during the pandemic)

Dan Quinlan and Cameron like this.
  7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

i think, and i am working on a review tryna tease this out, that while this has less emphasis on the goofy nostalgic lyrics than sc, the key line on this album is the one at the end of trust: even though this world is such a dead end / i know we'll make it perfect while we still can

jkauf likes this.
  8. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

too many great lyrics on this album. I've been listening to it on shuffle since it came out and it's just hit after hit. Aside from the first track and spoons rattling I don't skip anything.

9. Philll

Trusted

Can't imagine skipping the first track, it's only 30 seconds, and the pay off when self-destruct hits? Oh brother

10. michael_gatto

Trusted

CAUSE EVERYTHING YOU TOLD ME WAS A LIE AND I WILL TAKE IT TO THE FUCKING GRAVE.

11. jciswhatis

Been trying to figure out what mid 00's band I kept hearing and after going down a long rabbit hole I think it was The Morning Light all along.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This whole thing is fantastic, but gg sends me into the stratosphere by the end of it. Thus making me want to start the whole album again. Gami fucking Gang.

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

“Don't you know you're my fuckin' best friend
    And even though this world is such a dead end
    I know we'll make it perfect while we still can”

One of my favorite parts.

14. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Just realized that “gg” could also be short for Gami Gang. I love this band.

Justin Roux and Carrow like this.
  15. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Lmao that clicked for me a couple weeks ago and it was a real “rips bong” moment lol plus the duality of the opening and closing sounds and the duplicate names!

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  16. Philll

Trusted

Wait, what else does it mean? That's just what I've been assuming this whole time.

Cameron likes this.
  17. jciswhatis

good game

Philll likes this.
  18. Philll

Trusted

Ohhhhh

19. Matt

They’ve referenced Rocket League in previous songs and “gg” is usually said at the end of most non-toxic matches

Philll likes this.
  20. never imagined it meant anything but gami gang i guess i'm just a dork

or "gotta go" lol

Anthony Brooks and Cameron like this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I assumed it was just gami gang you guys are blowing my mind it could be good game lol

22. Matt

especially the fact that it's lower case. the hotkey in Rocket League puts it as "gg" in the chat lol. and it's at the end of the album

Carrow likes this.
  23. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It’s basically all online games lol, not even just rocket league. I figured ending the album with a gg was just leaning into their gamer shtick the whole time.

Joe4th and Matt like this.
  24. jciswhatis

I just assumed good game and then the nba clip at the end of the track just kind of cemented it to me. But yeah, I guess it's a little double meaning!

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Also I think the end of Möbius is my favorite sample clip. Not sure what it’s from, but it totally gets me pumped for Noah Fence.