Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Orange is the New Black (Netflix) TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by devenstonow, Jun 9, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I guess because they're hiding? Which may show intent to fight back or escape so they might be more trigger happy going in this time which was shown with Piscatella. Idk.

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Yeah, I think it was poorly laid out. A lot of stragglers were hiding, and were just pulled out of their spots. I think the guards would be less likely to shoot for two reasons:
    1) Piscatella was walking towards them from the room the girls were in, and he was totally unharmed (other than being shot by the officers lol).
    2) The officers seemed pissed/upset that the kid shot Piscatella, and I think that kid especially would be less trigger happy in the wake of it.

Idk, felt very "shit we need a cliffhanger". Still loved the season tho

3. ShadowTh2b

Ultimate Life Form

I liked this season much better than the last season. I am also glad we didn't get the 'guards are jerks' subplot AGAIN

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Won't miss Piscatella at all. He did some disgusting things

5. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

"Midwestern Grandmas Having Epiphanies" sounds like the name of a math-rock band.

6. Anthony_ Jul 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 6, 2017)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

As someone who only just binged through the whole series over the course of the last two months, I have to say I thought that the riot gave season 5 an entirely different kind of energy and narrative momentum that the previous seasons all lacked in comparison. Plus they scaled back Piper and made her way less insufferable than she had gotten during seasons 3 and 4. Overall I thought it might be my favorite season of the show because of how focused it was and how the riot scenario both changed some characters and sort of revealed sides of other characters that were always there but never had the chance to come out before. Bravo to Danielle Brooks especially, she seriously killed it the whole way through.

Wasn't huge on the ending, but I definitely saw it coming. I hate those kinds of cliffhangers though, it's just like the bullshit that the The Walking Dead pulled last year. My guess is they wanted to separate this group from the rest of the prison because most of them are basically the show's major characters and they're going to be staying together moving forward. Still not sure what they're going to do with everyone in separate facilities now, though. Maybe the ten in the pool go to max together? They didn't have enough room there for everyone but they would have enough room for ten. I feel like an entire season in max wouldn't be very interesting, though, so I don't know. Just a guess.

SpyKi likes this.
  7. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Finished this season last night. Probably my favorite season next to 2, but holy shit episode 9(?) the one where Piscatella is re-enacting a slasher movie was really dumb lol.

8. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Really not digging this season as much as the previous ones (just finished ep 7 I think). Just feels way too over the top and ridiculous and every episode just drags.

The only really redeeming thing has been the Taystee storyline and that has been fantastic.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  9. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Should've been 11, cause Linda got counted, but yeah that still pissed me off

10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Season 5 was great, best one since 2. Very pumped for season 6 but bummed I gotta wait so long.

11. I don't get excited for this show anymore, hence why I just finished it, but I thought this season was pretty good. The prison riot setting shook things up enough to make this season feel fresh, and I still love a lot of these characters. My only complaint is that a lot of the time spent focusing on Leanne and Angie could have been better spent on more interesting characters.

joe.boy.fresh. and OotyPa like this.
  12. jorbjorb

7 rings

not feeling season 5 but what ever I'll finish it.

13. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

14. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

jeez, still neeed to watch 5

15. eight30

Regular

It took some hard thinking for me to remember anything about last season. Still can't recall much. I might be giving up on this show, haha.

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Please be better than season 5

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Last season was actually my favorite. The riot gave this show a much-needed burst of momentum. It kinda sucks they’re going back to the earlier narrative style, but I have faith it’ll be pretty good. I haven’t particularly disliked any season as a whole, but there have been a lot of clunker episodes throughout.

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Trying to figure out if I should give this another shot lol. I watched the first couple episodes of 5 but just didn't feel like continuing at all

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

It was the one that took place across three days (I think) with the prison riot and police stand-off and ended with just as the swat team was barging into the prison

20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

there's a whole episode with the swat team in the prison dispersing everything. It ended with the main group being surrounded in the pool which was the cliffhanger

21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

That cliffhanger was such bullshit, I’m still mad about it lol. The worst type of cliffhanger.

OotyPa likes this.
  22. Can’t wait, the show isn’t without its flaws but I think S4 and S5 were really good after a lackluster S3. Looks like they’re gonna focus on some of the inmates going to max with that FB caption.

23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

season 4 was incredible but i barely remember the last one

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I stopped watching during season four. It was just so soul-crushingly depressing and hopeless and seemed to undo everything they built up in the previous ones. I don’t know if I’ll ever go back and finish it or try five.

25. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Season 4 is the best season IMO. 5 is easily the worst.