Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Orange is the New Black (Netflix) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by devenstonow, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

From the interview I posted I realized Matthew Weiner (Mad Men) directed episode 12

2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I can definitely sympathize, but I still hate him. Hes okay with letting people get murdered. He doesn't care at all what happens to someone's life, he only cares about himself- anyone he's ever tried to "help" was just to fulfill his own self serving needs, and if they don't agree with him, he is totally cool with ruining a person's life.

The dude had a lot of fucked up stuff happen to him and I feel for it, but grown adults are responsible for their shitty actions :).

3. devenstonow

Noobie

Did you finish this season?

4. RyanPm40

Nahh I haven't yet but I watched up through Healy's mom being crazy, him picking up that homeless woman, and him taking Lolly in. I'm sure there's more throughout the season, but regardless of how bad I feel for him or will sympathize with him, nothing excuses his actions of putting people's lives in danger.

5. RyanPm40

I will say I got really fucking bored with this show in Season 3 and am happy and surprised at how antsy I am to watch the next episode every time. Feels like Season 1 again :)

6. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I watched half of the first episode and was bored to tears/thought there was some really bad acting. I'll push through but if this continues it'll probably be my last season with this show.

7. RyanPm40

If by bad acting, you mean every single scene that Piper is in now, then yes, I completely agree. I've never had such a dislike for the main character before- I cringe everytime a scene comes with her now.

Used to love her, but things got real weird after she flipped at her parents on her bday in the visiting area.

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Man, this season is so good. If you liked it pre-season 3, then stick with it. I've never felt more intrigued by these characters and had an episode end and feel like I need to know what's next.

9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I liked what they did with Piper this season. Then again, she never bothered me as much as she seems to bother everyone else.

Garrett L., Joe, Whalejaw and 2 others like this.
  10. devenstonow

Noobie

Hot/controversial take warning

Piper is far from the worst acting on the show.

Ruby Rose was terrible.

Up until this season, Poussey was one of the worst actresses on the show.

Morello and Suzanne (obviously) are the best actresses in the show

11. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished, really enjoyed episodes 11-13. I think 11 might be the best the show has ever done. Finale was great until Daya with the gun, which I thought was kind of dumb. But I have an intense hatred of her character so that probably has a lot to do with it.

12. devenstonow

Noobie

It's a problem with the show. It feels like the end of seasons always put a character that was fairly insignificant to the general plot at the forefront of the big moments the show ends with

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

So who would have been a more appropriate character to... pick up the gun and point it at the guards? Taystee?

14. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Maria, maybe?

devenstonow likes this.
  15. It could only have been Daya. Alieda felt conflicted about leaving Daya in the prison and Mendoza feels responsible for her now. It sets up a conflict between the three of them for next season, which I think is great because Daya has felt completely useless since her baby was born.

16. devenstonow

Noobie

But that's just one of many directions they can go in with this, and seems like one of the weaker possibilities. Maria would be better because then her group would be without a leader. You could also theorize tons of other possibilities that I think would be better than Daya.

Also I think it's safe to assume that whoever they put in that role isn't going to directly have a huge part in the next season; they'll be in the max prison

But then again, putting Daya in max (temporarily) closes her plotline instead of her role pretty much being, "oh yeah, she's there". But I guess we'll see what they do with her mom.

17. White Jun 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 22, 2016)
    White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Speaking of Maria and Aleida, am I the only person who can't remember half the characters' names? I can name like 8 of them off the top of my head, the rest are just Prisoner #1, #2, etc to me.

18. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Although it being that character was definitely part of it for me, the way that final scene was shot and staged was the bigger problem I think. The 360 cam and fade to gray around Daya holding the gun was laaaaaaaaaame and a cheesy way to cap off what was a spectacular season before it.

ECV likes this.
  19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Finished episode 6 of S4 but I'm eager to finish with all these spoiler tags around lol

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I thought the 360 cam was neat but agreed on the slowdown and fade to grey. I thought that style of editing went out in the 90s.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  21. Agreed that the editing of the gun scene was very cheesy. Still, that's a nitpick. Loved the season as a whole.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  22. did not not not like the ending

23. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

A lot better than last season which I despised. Still like the first two seasons better.

24. clucky

Trusted Supporter

4-5 episodes into S4. Can confirm

Piper is the worst. Healy likes to give her a run for her money. But Piper is still the worst

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Piper is the new Larry?