Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Orange is the New Black (Netflix) TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by devenstonow, Jun 9, 2016.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Tell her "The Overnight is my favorite thing you've ever done" for me. Thanks.

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol, I almost said the same thing. It would be the first thing I’d mention if I had to do it.

currytheword likes this.
  3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Yell out, "Argo fuck yourself!"

I just realized she was in Argo

currytheword likes this.
  4. currytheword

Trusted

The place she picked is the most humble, quiet coffee shop in town and she looked straight out of bed. I also looked a mess and go there for the same reasons, so I didn’t disturb at all. Very cool though, I just took in her presence from a distance haha.

RyanPm40 and chewbacca110 like this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Interesting how the trailer keeps alluding to "one color" starting it all (meaning "orange") but everyone is in grey prison uniforms

7. Absolutely can’t wait. Show hasn’t been without its flaws but I love these characters so much.

8. chris

Trusted Supporter

yeah the consistency has been kind of all over the place, but I liked the last season and I'll def see this through to the end

9. eight30

Regular

I never finished last season but I guess it's time to catch up!

10. currytheword

Trusted

So I don't know if I ever posted about my second encounter with Taylor, but she came into the restaurant I work at part time. She was with her wife (or girlfriend?) and it was really a pleasant experience. She was beyond sincere and kind, and very appreciative. Apparently she'd been staying here for a few months working on a film but didn't divulge in that. I'm not sure if she's still in the area now but I thought this was a highlight of working in the restaurant industry for me and wanted to share haha.

11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Finally got to watching season 6 last week and finished it this morning. Enjoyed it for the most part. Taystee and Blanca :(

I know it's been out for a year now, but I'll use spoiler tags just in case other people are catching up before the new season begins. Pretty damn happy that Barbara and Carol killed each other, really didn't wanna see anymore of those characters in the final season. Was hoping that would be the last we saw of Badison too, but I guess they need a few antagonists to continue on.

I need a Flaca/Maritza reunion btw

Shrek likes this.
  12. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

wow this is out next week?! i am not ready. that was a great trailer.

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

About halfway through this final season, it’s been mostly back to the emotional moments instead of the more shocking prison drama stuff. I always preferred that from this show, so this one has been really enjoyable so far.

figureitout likes this.
  14. First episode was weird? The internal monologue stuff didn't work for me. But I'm 4 episodes in now and loving it.

15. currytheword

Trusted

This season has brought me to tears twice. 2 episodes to go.

figureitout likes this.
  16. The shot at the end of episode 6 was filmed at the facility where I used to organize writing workshops for incarcerated women and teens. Wild to see somewhere I used to spend every week on screen.

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  17. VanMastaIteHab Jul 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 29, 2019)
    VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

The way this show treats Caputo continues to baffle me. I haven’t finished yet (on episode 9) but I’m not sure why they made him the head of the restorative justice class and also in the middle of a MeToo storyline? Hopefully those two things come together by the end.

Really enjoying this season otherwise though. The ICE stuff is handled much better than I thought it would be.

18. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

5 eps in and this season is a real return to form.

19. currytheword

Trusted

There was a reason for him getting that position. You’ll see when you finish.

20. falafelmywaffle

Without music, life would be a mistake. Supporter

Was really hoping that Piper would move on and pursue the relationship with Zelda. I guess her driving at the end of the final episode made us wonder if she was heading up to Northampton or not.

irthesteve and ECV like this.
  21. clucky

Trusted Supporter

The timeline on this show continues to be weird. A lot of the elements in this season clearly appear to be trying to set in 2019 Trump's America, but haven't only like 3 in-universe years actually passed since the start of the show?

ECV likes this.
  22. currytheword

Trusted

I thought it was really great that the last two seasons have worked to shine a light on really unethical issues regarding immigrant detainment and how similar it is to prison. They had me really feeling for those ladies.

recall reality likes this.
  23. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

My god they did Karla so dirty in the finale. At least all the other awful shit made sense narratively, but this was literally just "broken ankle lol byyyyeeeeee" like why even write that in? I'm mad.

bedwettingcosmo and ECV like this.
  24. currytheword

Trusted

I think it’s to show the awful decisions those seeking asylum are forced to make when making those trips. Many are reported missing or die trying to travel through unsafe territories. Rough to watch, and an unsettling ending for a good character in the finale of a show for sure.

25. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

I figured that but I'd still have preferred they communicate it in a less condemning-Karla-to-almost-certain-death-due-to-semi-random-happenstance kinda way. Like show their guide telling them the inherent risks and that there's no guarantee they all make it, thus leaving her fate ambiguous.