Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Orange is the New Black (Netflix) TV Show • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by devenstonow, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Apparently season 6 drops next Friday.

2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Season 6 is out btw

3. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I still can’t get over the fact that Michael Harney was credited as a series regular for all of season 5 and didn’t appear at all.

4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Loving all these Zotz shoutouts in episode 2. Underrated candy.

5. OotyPa

fall away

Just finished episode 4 of the new season and ive noticed a drop in quality and tension as its returned to a more-comedic tone like in earlier seasons. Im still enjoying the story’s direction so far, though i admit every scene that focuses on Tastee, Susan, and Daya are far more interesting than all the others

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Finished the season. Liked it more than season 5 but it still had a lot of issues. Badison’s character does not work at all. And I still have no idea what they were trying to do with the Coates stuff.

7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

The Coates stuff felt like something they realized didn't work while shooting and had to scrap it quickly. Which is a description that works for the whole season honestly, didn't feel planned out or well written. Really kinda felt like they were just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what worked.

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

As usual, the social commentary stuff is A+ but tons of these characters feel like their arcs were over long ago. Piper has nothing to do besides organize a kickball team and get bullied by an adult child.

It seems like they had no idea what to do with half these characters but had to pick and choose which ones to keep around for the sake of shaking things up. Nicky, Flaca, Doggett, and Lorna are just kind of there hanging out in the background.

9. Still love this show and will ride for it until the end but the cracks in this season are very apparent to me

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

If more people can confirm it's better than 5 I'll probably weather this season too

11. Complicated feelings overall but god i can’t stand Badison at all

12. shea

RIP Supporter

Just finished. Pretty pissed off that nobody stabbed Badison in the fucking face.

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It genuinely felt like everyone was just trying to avoid paying attention to her so she would just quit talking. I’m also not sure why they threw in her shower scene but whatever.

14. End of this season was phenomenal

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

On the second to last episode now and just realized that’s Mackenzie Phillips after seeing her name in the opening credits

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I don't get how this lasted 7 seasons but I tuned out after 1 and a half seasons so maybe I'm not the one to talk

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. I've watched 'em all. Glad it's ending though. I feel like it's run its course.

ECV likes this.
  18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Never even bothered returning to this most recent season. Wasn't huge on Season 5, too much stress and hopelessness. And some incredibly cringey moments with Piper

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

You could argue that that's most moments w/ Piper

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. eight30

Regular

I got through like 5 episodes of the most recent season and stopped because Netflix put out so much more, better content. I might catch up when I'm out of things to watch and catch the last season at some point.

21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It definitely feels like they had the initial concept/story for the show but quickly realized it was a huge success and decided to draw it out as much as possible. They also pretty much abandoned a lot of the plot lines from the beginning of the show. I liked a lot of it, but a lot was also really boring.

22. I hope they nail the last season. Makes a lot of sense to end it now considering how the last one ended. Gonna go down as one of my all-time favorite shows, even though it has faltered a bit and made some mistakes. Gonna miss the characters.

23. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Taystee and Black Cindy, I mean Tova, continue to be the reason I keep coming back to this show.

24. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i finally watched season six this week after disliking season five so much i wasn’t sure if i’d ever bother, and i honestly loved it. it has plenty of problems but overall it had some killer moments and i loved a lot of the new characters which the show desperately needed. some really good character moments throughout. hoping it ends well.

25. currytheword

Trusted

I’m sitting in a local coffee shop right now. One of my best friends works here and I usually visit for coffee in the morning. Today is different. Today Taylor Schilling is sitting feet from me here and I am doing everything within my ability to not acknowledge.