Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Orange is the New Black (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by devenstonow, Jun 9, 2016.

1. devenstonow

Noobie

Can't believe this show is already on Season 4, coming out next Friday (thought it was last friday...then thought it was this friday...)

Really hope it's better than the last season...

2. I didn't like last season; I didn't even finish it.

3. eight30

Regular

I preferred last season over season 2 but I have not rewatched any of them. Still looking forward to season 4.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

The last three episodes (finale in particular) were great. Might be worth toughing it out for those.

5. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I don't even think last season was all that bad, I just think that maybe I got tired of this show real fast.

6. They just need a more focused central storyline.

Also get rid of Piper.

devenstonow likes this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I still dig it, never LOVEd this show but I find it pretty consistently fun

8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Reviewers have seen the whole season and the reviews for the new season are very strong. Several call it the best season yet. Apparently it's very dark. My interest in the show has kinda been renewed.

9. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Last season was a chore to get through but I'll give one more season a go. It's kind of make or break if I continue on though.

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

11. I'm really excited about this season.

12. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I'm excited. Last season took me a long time to get through (unlike the first two which I finished in a weekend each) but I still have faith and the reviews seems overwhelmingly good.

13. I'm excited again. Anyone want to tell me how season 3 ends?

14. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah early reviews have me excited for this again after basically not caring at the end of last season.

15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Last season was a slog but yeah, the super positive early reviews actually have me excited about this.

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Fox83, devenstonow and kyle like this.
  17. devenstonow

Noobie

18. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Season premiere was good but I burst out laughing when "Last Resort" started playing.

19. chris

Trusted Supporter

tbh I'm not even sure how much I still like this show, but I have this tradition from the past two seasons with my gf where we order shitty takeout and watch like half the season on the Friday it premiers so I'm looking forward to that.

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

I totally forgot that song existed until it was played

21. Can't waaaaaaaaaaait to start later. Reviews have me so excited, last season was definitely the weakest but I still enjoyed it.

22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

My girlfriend got me into the show recently and I've been loving it. A little more than halfway through season 3, but I will admit, the quality has gone down quite a bit with some rather cringeworthy scenes.

23. devenstonow

Noobie

the scene of piper describing panty selling to the rest of the girls was legitimately painful.

also i'm not a fan of crazy eyes

24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

That's the last episode I watched last night and is exactly what came to mind. So bad. My girlfriend thought it was hilarious for whatever reason haha.

I actually love Crazy eyes. I feel bad for her in regards to her background and she is really sweet and means well. I like how they've developed her and people being more accepting of her.

devenstonow likes this.
  25. devenstonow

Noobie

Definitely felt it was a joke that girls could find much funnier. Like, I saw Amy Schumer three years ago, and to me, a ton of the jokes just felt like, "ha...periods..." to me.

And her development/the plot surrounding her (minus the erotica thing) is the one thing I actually like; her origin scenes were some of my favorite. I guess it's the way she's written/acted.

And I'm not a fan of something incredibly forced that I won't spoil for you.