Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Oral History of the 2005 Warped Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 22, 2018.

1. ARo24

Regular

And From First to Last! Haha.

2. ARo24

Regular

I’ll never forget the 05’ Detroit date. Once of the funest days of my life. I helped set up in the we hours of the morning. I remember FOB playing the Volcom stage and the barrier collapsed within 5 minutes. They only played like two songs and had to stop. My friends and I were like shit do you think the stage wasn’t set up right? But literally the next day it seemed like FOB was the biggest band on the planet. I could go on all day with stories from that day.

3. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I remember everyone on that tour dropping what they were doing to watch FOB and Suicide Machines that day.

4. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Attached Files:

5. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

If those are yours, I was about 5 feet away. haha

6. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

YES! Very vividly remember being introduced to Emery (seem to recall they were on stage wearing throwback bball jerseys and with a fisher price net?) and Yesterdays Rising on the smartpunk stage while eating lunch nearby. Was a terrible and overpriced hot dog, but it introduced me to 2 bands I loved for years afterwards.

MikeERayner likes this.
  7. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

It is crazy how big that scene was at that time. It's sad to me that popular music has changed so much in the last decade. I started really going to shows mainly after I got a car and graduated high school, etc. so from like 2011-now, and I remember always saying no thanks to warped tour because the lineup was so weak... I look at the lineups in the mid-00s, and those were the reason I always felt like the lineup was weak every year I actually could go.

Now, I'm going to this warped tour and there's literally less than 10 artists I actually have any interest at all in seeing, but I'm still going. Funny how things change.

8. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

9. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

2002-2007 was really the sweet spot for what I think "this scene" at Chorus likes. Still some old guard bands every year (Bad Religion, NoFX, etc.) and bands that crossed over.

Really sad that it's ending. It was such a right of passage as a teen and young adult. I took my three year old son two years ago to see Yellowcard's last show and sets by NFG and Good Charlotte, thinking they would still be on the stages as he became a teen. And maybe that'll still come to pass, in a new form.

10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Fantastic read; so many memories.

Something I'd like to get your opinions on..

Do you think that sometime in the future another movement like this can take place? With the way the music industry is now compared to 2005, I personally don't see anything like this popping up again.

11. zachmacD

Trusted

This was my first Warped Tour at age 14. I caught Senses Fail, My Chemical Romance, Emery, A thorn for every heart, Adair, Funeral For a Friend, Fall Out Boy, maybe Starting Line, Bleed the dream, and Story of the Year. . Story of the year was one of my favorite bands and they weren't on the lineup so it was amazing to see their tent with a sign saying that they were playing. Still one of the best days of my life. So much merch was bought that day haha