Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Opposition and a Shave: Former Obama Aides Counter Trump

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The New York Times profiled the three guys behind Crooked Media and their wildly popular podcast, “Pod Save America:”

So they set out to mix jokes with insider descriptions of executive branch norms and interviews, often with people who can recommend political action — a protest, a phone-call campaign, an organizing drive — which is the sort of thing mainstream news media can’t do because, as Mr. Favreau said, “it would be picking a side.”

With episodes being downloaded up to 1.4 million times, according to data they shared from their hosting platform, ART19, they tapped into “a wave of interest about this president, a lot of it based on fear,” Mr. Favreau said.

A few thoughts:

1. Holy shit is that a huge number of downloads.
    2. The podcast is one of the few I listen to almost immediately when it’s released. Jon Lovett kills me.

2. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I'm interested to know how much it costs to advertise with them now?

3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Never heard of this podcast but definitely checking it out.

4. Turkeylegz

Trusted

These guys are great. Glad to see it get such traction.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Absolute gold.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

My wife is dead set on getting us tickets to Lovett or Leave It at some point. Glad to see the direction they've gone in since The Ringer.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. kwilcox

Great podcast. Pod Save the World is also great.

8. noKings

Regular

Keepin it 1600 let's gooooo