Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Opening Up to More Beta Testers • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. @schlotty I picture you with the face of your avatar while this convo happened. Haha.

Jake Jenkins likes this.
  2. Sophos

Regular

Booooo tell her I said she should join

3. Sophos

Regular

I bet she says "......no"

4. Sophos

Regular

You have too many posts, it would take someone multiple days to read them all

5. Sophos

Regular

My point is ain't no one gonna read all your posts, even your girlfriend

6. Sophos

Regular

Like when a certain sanct editor had time to rant in a certain Facebook group but not edit certain articles

Wharf Rat likes this.
  7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

your m8

8. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Out of curiosity how did the initial batch of testers get selected?

9. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

There was a very elaborate obstacle course followed by a pop-punk pop quiz. The scores were averaged and we were let in in order based off those.

10. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

it was a reverse quiz tho. u had to know as little about pop punk as possible

scott, dharkins, Nick and 2 others like this.
  11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I only passed due to the curve!!

12. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Wait, what quiz? I had to bedazzle twelve hundred Encore sweat shirts before I was allowed to make an account. Goddamnit.

Mr. Serotonin, Sophos, scott and 7 others like this.
  13. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Yeah, that doesn't sound like fun @Meerkat

14. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Looks like everyone's entry exams were different and personalized. Typical @Jason Tate just fucking with everyone.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

"Did you know you have like the third highest posts on this site? Haha."

The rest is history.

scott and Jason Tate like this.
  16. At this point if you'd like to privately tell a friend or someone about this forum to come sign up, you may. I ask a few things:
    1. That you don't post about it publicly yet, please only let people know using private means.
    2. That you only invite people you trust and think will be a good fit for the forums and you think will abide by the code of conduct. If you think they're gonna cause trouble, let's wait a bit, I'm still getting the whole moderation stuff put together and would rather not have that dominate my day quite yet!
    I also just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone, all 174 of you, that have been helping test all these forums over the past month or so. We've already racked up over 27,000 posts! I also want to say, again, a special thank you to all of you that have become supporters already. When I started thinking about this website and the idea of still doing something online I had no idea if it would be something I could do independent in 2015, that so many of you have already committed to helping keep that dream alive, and keep the forums vibrant and moving, means the absolute world to me. I've loved our conversations so far in the supporters forum and I feel truly blessed to get to share this journey with each and every one of you!

Ok, time to go get ready to bring in some moderators.

17. I'm personally going to start posting links a few places to this forum in the next few days. Still not going to like "announce" or anything, but am going to try and slowly build up more from those that read AP.net.

18. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

Saw this site linked from a post on AP. Gotta say I love the layout so far. Site looks great on mobile and seems to be really easy to navigate. Excited to see where it goes!

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. Thanks!

Me too.

20. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Will it be going down again anytime soon?

Also, is post count not displayed or really even kept up with anymore? Just curious.

Also gotta say I love how easy it is to add photos via mobile now.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Post counts are available via profiles. There is a stigma that comes with post counts that we are trying to avoid here. Everyone is new to the community and should be treated the same. No need having something to put someone down for.

Though that hasn't been an issue as of late anyways.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

For sure. I'm more than alright with avoiding post counts. I like that idea.

The point system is something I'm trying to figure out.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.