Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

One Step Closer - This Place You Know (September 24, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Built to Fail, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

2. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

Can't wait for this

3. excited to check this out

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

lets go

5. FUCK YES THIS IS GREAT

6. The best hardcore record of 2021

Carrow likes this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

that's quite the claim

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

mattav152 and Slangster like this.
  9. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

that song rips, holy shit

10. It’s the best hardcore record of the year

11. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

2/2 for me so far

12. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

this is gonna be a good one

13. cherrywaves

Trusted

Idk neither of these songs are connecting with me like anything off From Me to You. Gotta listen in context I guess.

14. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

15. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

16. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

17. Ongoing 'fuck Ian Cohen' so I spent three minutes with the new song instead and I love it. ALL IN.

18. Michael Schmidt

I was hesitant to post bc of the author, but the article is actually pretty good and informative about the band, singer, and the area they grew up in so I felt it was worth posting.

Carrow likes this.
  19. jayreimenschneider

Regular

What's the deal with Cohen?

20. He's said incredibly insensitive shit about bands and specific people in bands including minimising the mental health struggles of someone who would go on to kill himself 2 years after Cohen cast doubt upon the veracity of said struggles in a review (which doesn't make him directly responsible but is WAY over the line nonetheless), has never addressed that in a public fashion and I can't view his writing as anything other than dross as a consequence of that.

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

listening to this band for the first time right now, damn this is very my shit

mattav152, Drew Beringer and Carrow like this.
  22. Michael Schmidt

A couple of the members also play in other bands like Anxious and Choice To Make that are worth checking out as well.

Elder Lightning and sophos34 like this.
  23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

word will do. the singles from this album really sound like some classic defeater type shit, and defeater is one of my favorite bands to ever exist so you know im hype as fuck

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

they also sound a whole lot like frameworks. and birds in row. its that melodic hardcore/screamo sound i was obsessed with from like 2012-2015. very very good shit. listening to the from me to you EP right now.

edit: also loma prieta thats another one im hearing damn this band is killer

Carrow likes this.
  25. Michael Schmidt

Yeah I can see the Defeater vibes for sure in the new singles. On their previous release, From Me to You, they got a lot of Have Heart, Title Fight, and Turning Point comparisons. I can see those at times, but it’s mostly low hanging fruit with Have Heart’s Pat Flynn promoting them and giving them open slots. And then being from the same town as Title Fight and wearing a lot of Turning Point merch.