Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

One Ok Rock Sign With Fueled by Ramen

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

One Ok Rock have signed to Fueled by Ramen Records. They’ll be releasing a new album next year.

Fueled By Ramen has announced the signing of widely acclaimed Japanese rock band ONE OK ROCK. The landmark deal will see ONE OK ROCK releasing their as-yet-untitled new album at the top of 2017. The group’s approaching English language album will be heralded by lead single “Taking Off” which is set to debut September 16th. For more information please visit www.ONEOKROCK.com.
    Mike Easterlin, President of Fueled By Ramen commented on the signing saying, “I’m proud to welcome ONE OK ROCK to the Fueled By Ramen family. Their monumental rise in Japan has been thrilling to watch and we look forward to launching the next chapter of their career here in the U.S. and around the globe.”
    One of Japan’s most revered rock bands, ONE OK ROCK is comprised of vocalist Taka, guitarist Toru, drummer Tomoya, and bassist Ryota. Together they have released seven albums in Japan, the last four of which have all debuted Top 5, including their latest album 35xxxv, which debuted at No. 1. ONE OK ROCK released the U.S. Deluxe Edition of 35xxxv last year, marking the group’s first U.S. release and first album to feature all English language vocals. 35xxxv was highlighted by the hit single “Mighty Long Fall,” the official music video for which has received upwards of 32 Million views on the band’s official YouTube channel.

Known for their thrilling live shows, ONE OK ROCK recently performed two massive performances at Nagisaen in Shizuoka, Japan which saw the band play to 110,000 fans over the course of two days. No strangers to the road, ONE OK ROCK have toured extensively in the U.S. alongside acts such as All Time Low, Sleeping with Sirens, Issues and most recently 5 Seconds of Summer. Additionally, ONE OK ROCK have made numerous main stage appearances at various rock festivals in Europe, South America, Australia, and the U.S., including the Vans Warped Tour.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This is quite interesting

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely an interesting signing. Curious to hear how this first single sounds.

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I don't get the internet in this band at all. I know they're huge in Japan, but when has that ever translated to success in the US?

5. ale5875

Regular

So now they're labelmates with Against the Current.

Penguin likes this.
  6. fbrrocks

Trusted

I'm surprised 5sos didn't sign them like they did hey violet lol

7. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Saw them with Yellowcard. They were pretty entertaining. I don't remember much about the music but I'm sure I'll be hearing more of it in the next couple years.

8. dee

I can feel the butterflies.

Interesting! I actually prefer their songs in Japanese though. :/