Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

One of the Last Interviews With Anthony Bourdain

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

One of the last interviews with Anthony Bourdain has been published. It’s full of wonderful anecdotes and stories:

I do find that my happiest moments on the road are not standing on the balcony of a really nice hotel. That’s a sort of bittersweet — if not melancholy — alienating experience, at best. My happiest moments on the road are always off-camera, generally with my crew, coming back from shooting a scene and finding ourselves in this sort of absurdly beautiful moment, you know, laying on a flatbed on those things that go on the railroad track, with a putt-putt motor, goin’ across like, the rice paddies in Cambodia with headphones on… this is luxury, because I could never have imagined having the freedom or the ability to find myself in such a place, looking at such things.

To sit alone or with a few friends, half-drunk under a full moon, you just understand how lucky you are; it’s a story you can’t tell. It’s a story you almost by definition, can’t share. I’ve learned in real time to look at those things and realize: I just had a really good moment.

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I need to watch more of his episodes on Netflix

3. pbueddi

Trusted

im through season one so far. absolutely fantastic show.

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It is. I wish he would have written a book about his experiences and interviews with people so that I wouldn’t have to sit on Netflix for so long.

pbueddi likes this.
  5. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Some of the best content you will ever watch. It’s full of rich political history interwoven in food and culture told in a beautiful story every episode. I’m still crushed he’s gone.

pbueddi likes this.
  6. noKings

Regular

just started Kitchen Confidential... it's good.