Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

One of Our Users Is Looking for a Kidney Donor • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 5, 2016.

1. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Just a quick update: I'm on hold with Mayo for the list until atleast November. They want me back up there to do a stress echo on my heart and a sleep study. All of which COULD be done in IL. SO frustrating with the holidays coming up. It's never a cheap trip.

Dirty Sanchez and teebs41 like this.
  2. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Well, we just got back from our latest trip. We ended up not being able to go in November as planned. Just too expensive with the hoidays.

My cardiac function is still showing the same percentage as it did in August. That isn't too reassuring. I should find out more come Wednesday (when they have their conferences to decide who is listed). If they deny me again, we're considering giving UCSF in San Francisco a shot. They're doing wonderful things out there. So I guess we'll see..

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Sry bb. You are so strong and amazing and I have my fingers crossed for you!

4. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Thank you :heart: :heart:
    It's so frustrating because I went in with super high hopes. The cardiologist says he strongly feels that I'd be fine. High risk, but fine. My function is currently 43%. (A normal heart function is 50-70, no one pumps at 100)

5. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

I received the BEST news today!! I got a note from Mayo staying they APPROVED!! me at their selection conference! As of the 9th, I'm officially back on the list and will be hopefully getting a call within 2-3 months if no live donors are available!!

Thank you all so much for your support :heart: :heart:

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

keep fighting! something will come up. good luck!

jorbjorb and emt0853 like this.
  7. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Today went from a horrific day to a great day. I got a letter from Mayo stating that a heart transplant coordinator was added to my care team. I called my sister freaking out because no one said anything about that to me....called up there freaking out...it was an accidental mass mailing apparently. Then I got on and checked my messages on the Mayo app and had a note stating that as of the 9th I was approved! Freaking out mad tears to happy tears.I can handle that!

coleslawed, jorbjorb and teebs41 like this.
  8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg!! So happy for you! Congrats!

emt0853 likes this.
  9. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

so happy for you @emt0853! please keep us updated!

emt0853 likes this.
  10. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

The time has come!!!!! I got the call tonight. On our way to Minnesota now!!

11. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Well this trip did not go as planned. As I was on the table about to be put under, I had a near deadly reaction to (they're thinking) the antibiotic. I did not receive this kidney. Instead, I received 15 minutes of CPR. Im incredibly lucky to be alive with no brain deficits. I was also rushed into emergency surgery Thursday night for a very large hematoma on my right side where they did he femoral line/angiogram. I'm still in the hospital and will be for a few more days. The hope is to pinpoint what I had the reaction to, change the meds, allow my heart function to recover, and try again in a month or two. Thankfully, that kidney did not get thrown into medical waste and it was reallocated. Thank you for the love and support but we now face an even longer wait and challenge. -Hil