Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

One Direction Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, May 8, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have not because I'm kinda whelmed by him

Zoshchenko and beachdude42 like this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Same lol I was waiting to hear someone else say if it was good or not :crylaugh:

Kiana likes this.
  3. beachdude

Okay I was bored and decided to listen to the Liam EP lol... it’s totally not distinctive in any way. I know a lot of you guys don’t like Zayn much, but jeez, even his music is way better than this. His new songs could basically be Zayn B-sides without the vocal distinctiveness.

4. Kiana

Tbh I feel like Liam has the best technical voice of the group but it's also kinda basic. Like Harry was the third best vocalist but his tone propelled his voice to my favorite. Liam is like .... Generic talented lol?

mercury and beachdude42 like this.
  5. beachdude

Yeah, that combined with him having zero artistic identity as a solo artist so far makes his stuff completely forgettable for me.

Kiana likes this.
  6. beachdude

Honestly it seems like none of the One Direction guys have really cemented themselves as huge breakout stars individually yet. Zayn was doing well at first but seems to be falling off now, and Harry’s album sold well, but the style of music he’s making (even though I enjoy it a lot) is kind of incompatible with where the mainstream is at right now, so I don’t foresee a bunch more hit singles from him unless his style changes somewhat. All the other guys are making somewhat more “contemporary” styles of pop music, but none of them are individually proven “stars” yet imo.

7. Kiana

Def not. They're all doing pretty okay but nothing like pop culturally notable. Harry mostly banked on his popularity so he was able to play arenas but nothing was hit single material. I liked his album but the songs lacked something imo to really make them feel complete. Like the songwriting wasn't quite all the way there for me but it's a debut so I think things can be improved there. Zayn fell off but of his own doing with all his cancelations. Liam has his generic singles that do okay but isn't rly enough to cement a solo career. Niall did pretty well for some easy listening hits but I think a lot of ppl kinda bop along without realizing it's him tho I think he can build on what he was successful at with his next album. Louis isnt even part of the conversation lol

beachdude likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen Oct 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 14, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

tbf JT and Bey are really the only ones to have real success after going solo

I guess Ricky Martin too technically

9. Vega

Even though his solo career has been strangely forgotten, George Michael is still the GOAT when it comes to commercial success after leaving a group. He had more #1 singles than both Timberlake & Beyonce in a shorter period of time.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. Alesha Dixon was successful at first but her music career fell off so she had to go back to hosting TV shows. Similar case for Nicole Scherzinger and Cheryl Cole.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I forgot about Wham haha, but just generally it's hard to have solo success

Vega likes this.
  12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

13. beachdude

I actually like the newest Zayn song for what it is... but his last two songs basically sound like 1D songs. Really fucking weird.

14. The ‘Act My Age’ meme going around on twitter is v good

15. beachdude

Sign of the Times is still the best solo song by any of the One Direction guys by a considerable margin. I’m really curious where Harry will go on his next solo album.

16. Kiana

This bums me out. Louis has had a hard last few years and the Larry "ship" has led to a lot of harassment and bullying of his loved ones and it's a bummer it's brought back up in the spotlight in an HBO show

17. beachdude

This is pretty slick. Some of Zayn’s recent collaborations with other artists have been pretty cool... I’m hoping his next project is the one where he fully realizes his potential, which I still think is huge on his best tracks.

18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

It’s wild how his first album was 18 songs and I liked maybe 11 of them but his second was 27 songs and I liked maybe 3

beachdude likes this.
  19. beachdude

I liked a good amount of the second album still, but it was DEFINITELY bloated, no argument there. I still think the best tracks showed a lot of promise. It doesn’t seem to have performed nearly as well as his first (his near-total lack of promotion can’t have helped)... so I’m hoping he returns with a more focused project next time around. I think his recent features have been pretty good.

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

mercury and Daniel182 like this.
  21. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Zoshchenko and ItsAndrew like this.