Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

One Direction Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, May 8, 2016.

1. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Also Harry has the whole he's going to be in the next Christopher Nolan film thing going for him. A pretty big look for his first foray into the big screen, and will only do good things for his publicity imo

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

It'll definitely be interesting... like you said if the song is really "Queen-inspired" I'm curious how that'll be received by pop radio in 2017 lol, but I'm thinking it'll be more like subtle homages to that era of rock thrown into the modern pop blender.

3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

It'll basically be Some Nights lol

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

I'm thinking considerably more poppy than even most of that album with less overt rock influence haha, but yeah pretty much. I'm interested what it'll come out sounding like with Jeff Bhasker producing.

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm intrigued cause like I really enjoy the tone of his voice but I dunno where he's at vocally. His voice was pretty wrecked at the end of 1D due to horrible technique and overuse so I hope he spent his downtime working on that!

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. Kiana

Leaked footage from the video shoot looks so dramatic lmao. being lifted and dangled from a helicopter. rising up for our sins just in time for Easter !!

7. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

C8ltcwVXoAAmXX9.jpg

truly an icon

8. polyfilla

who can never be sure

I CANNOT stop laughing at these photos

beachdude42, Aregala and Kiana like this.
  9. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

fr is he trynna be Tom Cruise in MISSION IMPOSSIBLE or some shit hahahaha

beachdude42 and polyfilla like this.
  10. beachdude

[​IMG]

polyfilla, Onlyadirector and Aregala like this.
  11. beachdude

Is he gonna be singing while being dangled from a helicopter lmao, I'm so confused

Aregala likes this.
  12. beachdude

We give the world's FIRST review of Harry Styles' David Bowie-esque debut solo single

The Sun is obviously tabloid trash, but the way their music critic describes the song actually has me excited:

"His debut single Sign of the Times is a soaring, epic rock ballad that sounds like a cross between DAVID BOWIE and LANA DEL REY (as weird as that sounds).

It goes against the current trend of non-distinguishable dance tracks — the length alone would make it commercial suicide for any other artist.

Its main instrument is the piano, which Harry has been studiously playing in private for years.

For large portions of the track he sings in falsetto, showing off a quality voice with much more range than we ever saw during his five years in 1D. This song has the potential to become a timeless classic."

We shall see lol

Kiana likes this.
  13. Kiana

Yas king of the pond, Harry styles!

"I played the album to them the first time and there’s one song that’s got a vocal effect on it, the whole album finished then my stepdad said: ‘I’ve one question, where did you get the duck from, how did you get a duck in the studio?’ I was like: ‘That was me, thanks’."

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. beachdude

[​IMG]

Looks like they're really trying to preserve the "global premiere" haha, this didn't release at 11 PM east coast time like Friday releases usually do.

Not gonna lie, I'm really curious for this song now.

15. Kiana

I changed my icon so now if it sucks I can be like

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her.gif

But all the love! Im just so nervous i can't handle itttttttt. I'm on a rollercoaster of emotions!! I haven't been so anxious for a popstar since waiting for Britney to come on at the 2007 VMAs lol

16. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I'm really excited for this. Trying my best to temper expectations, but I can't wait to listen!

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I dig it

18. Kiana

I really liked the end.

Which sounds kinda shady lol but I really did like the last bit a lot

I had to listen to it on low volume cause my roommate is asleep and I don't have my headphones so we'll see how I belt it out in the car. But I liked it and am now less nervous for his album! I missed his voice. Its so pleasant and comforting lol which is weird but I find his tone so soothing

19. beachdude

Yeah I'm actually very impressed with this song. Definitely not what you'd expect, heavy classic rock influences.

20. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Yeah I'm interested to see how well this represents the album. I will say while I'm into it, I do feel like it drags on for a little too long. Ending was nice but I wondered at one point if I'd accidentally listened to it twice in a row haha

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. beachdude

Yeah I feel that for sure. I'm very curious what the other songs will sound like now.

22. beachdude

Vocals on this track are undeniably gorgeous though.

23. Kiana

I think the radio edit will be better. I liked it a lot but it kinda started going nowhere to me until the end so if they can cut it down I think it'll be a stronger song.

Owlex and Daniel182 like this.
  24. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Agree with this. I do like the song, though.

25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Digging the new song.