Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

One Direction Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, May 8, 2016.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Four is by far their best album.

beachdude42, AelNire and Kiana like this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Too many of their songs are sketch. Little Things is so annoying lyrically too.

AelNire and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Easily. It really rewards repeat listens too, at least in my experience.

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I kind of just do my best to ignore that stuff. Not that it's not problematic, of course, but you know what you're getting most of the time with fairly young guys like this and I feel that as long as I can enjoy while acknowledging some of the lyrics aren't great, I can be at peace with that.

5. Kiana

I range from like to indifference with Niall (minus his iconic "Oh nooooo, Niall!" moment which was amazing) but in the One Way or Another/Teenage Kicks video when it shows him showering I gag a bit.

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I can't even identify what any of them look like or what their voices sound like. I just jam to their tunes haha

Quin Stack likes this.
  7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Since its most poppin' in here, can you use iTunes for premium Spotify? I'm sick of shuffle.

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Not sure what your question is asking

9. Kiana

I think the weirdest thing about their creepy lyrics is that at the start of their career they were poised as some feminist boyband. They never called themselves that, but in the very beginning they were held up as some sort of unproblematic cherubic faves but lol that didn't last long! At the beginning they refused to answer some questions cause they were disrespectful to women, and Harry chastised that fan for saying the "n" word and they are very touchy feely with each other and had no problem showing it so some ppl thought they were like super enlightened lol. Weird looking back on now.

10. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Honestly, I think my infatuation with him comes down to him being blonde and Irish. It speaks to me on a spiritual level as a blonde guy whose grandparents are from Ireland. Also, his entire demeanor on twitter/snapchat/insta just seems so pure and innocent. It's endearing.

11. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Itunes gift card. I'm a tad drunk.

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh haha. Really really doubt that's possible.

AelNire likes this.
  13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, it's quite a high bar....haha

14. Kiana

He definitely seems very happy go lucky and just like a genuine guy. He's like the only one who wasn't really involved in a scandal and he seems to keep his personal life under wraps the best. I wouldn't say he's pure (they don't call him "Mr. Steal Your Girl" for nothing lol), but he seems like a sweetheart. He's the best here:

Quin Stack likes this.
  15. Kiana

Someone prank called Louis and said they hoped his baby dies and he got all shocked and said he'd call his lawyers and it's so terrible. It's ridic how many ppl are hacking and prank calling celebs lately smh. And I never hear a follow up if the person gets caught despite them always bragging about it online, but Louis seems like he's on it and I hope he does something.

16. Kiana

I spend a lot of time talking about Harry's hair so I'm going to talk about Zayn's and say I always forget he had his hair like this at one point

[​IMG]

17. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Zayn's hair during his last bit in One Direction with the swoop and half shave inspired my swoop and half shave and I am forever grateful

Kiana likes this.
  18. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I can never pick a favourite record of theirs, but it's definitely out of Midnight Memories and Four. Fantastic pop records.

Kiana likes this.
  19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Just want to reiterate my love for Four. Its probably one of my favorite records ever, it's made such an impact on me

Daniel182 and Kiana like this.
  20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

They're not really for me, but I always thought it was pretty unfortunate that the label just had them churn out album after album.

FTank likes this.
  21. Kiana

I get so excited when Happily comes up on shuffle. Anyone who doesn't immediately get happy and dance it out when it plays are just suppressing their urges.

AelNire likes this.
  22. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

image.gif

Kiana likes this.
  23. abbynormal

Alex P. Keaton Official Fanclub

I think I need to listen to Midnight Memories more because it was the gateway album for a lot of people I know, but I just can't get into it. I love "Best Song Ever," and "Don't Forget Where You Belong" and "Happily" are jams, the rest of the album hasn't held my attention. Maybe because it's like 143 tracks long.
    Made in the AM is a really good album, but the tone is different enough from FOUR (my personal favorite) that it feels like a step down. While FOUR was intended to be performed live in giant stadiums, MITAM wasn't written with live performances in mind. So it feels a lot more stripped down and less grandiose than FOUR. The album isn't lower quality than its predecessor, it was simply written with different intentions. The bonus tracks are better than some album tracks though, which is annoying for those of us who didn't buy the deluxe version.

24. Kiana

I never listen to Midnight Memories in its entirety. I listen to about half the songs on it. It feels like a long album and some of the songs are so copied from other songs that it's distracting. I think AM was a step down in every way from FOUR except vocally. They all sound really good on it. I don't even hate all of Louis' parts!

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Midnight Memories may be my least favorite album of theirs. I definitely don't understand all the praise it's gotten.